dashboard
cbox quiet? try our discord
direct cbox link
left me
speechless
welcome to
avalon
gone inactive? post in character reactivation by july 14th!
it's july! it's summertime and the sun is shining!

Closed
New Poll

to find myself, jophie // bun <3
unemployed29
on a journey of self-discoveryshe/her
goes by soph
single pringle
3021 posts
looks like emily didonato
the virtuoso (istp)
played by
kel
easternshe/her27
pm or discord (ask)mature status: yes
hickory street kensington apartments
sophie looked up at the sound of a knock on her door. she was in the middle of packing a relatively small suitcase to take with her on her trip. she settled on a location to start and booked a flight. in less than 24 hours she was going to catch a plane to costa rica and make her way through whatever small villages she could find, explore the jungle and the sea, and try to figure out what it was that she wanted to do with her life. she had spent the last seven years of her life preparing to be a lawyer. she busted her ass in college and law school until she was at the top of the pack, the best of the best. and now that she could actually start practicing law, sophie was feeling stressed that maybe it wasn't what she wanted out of life. she was turning thirty this year which opened up a whole new can of worms for her. was she going to be too old to marry and have kids soon? what if jack wasn't ready for a long time? she never felt like the gap between them was so large until now. they left their conversation on a bit of an awkward note. the brunette texted him and told him she booked her flight but she didn't hear from him for over an hour. a part of her wondered if that might be him at the door. she made her way through the large apartment to the front and opened up to see him standing there. soph offered a weak smile and stepped out of the way so he could come in. "i didn't know you were coming over. did you get my text?"
carpenter23
the cbche/his/him
goes by jack
single n/a
1406 posts
looks like kj apa
--
played by
bunny
+10she/her30
pmmature status: yes
azalea avenue sunny side estate
grovelling and getting on his knees and apologising and begging for forgiveness wasn't exactly something jackson was good at. nor was it something he ever did. he didn't know exactly where he stood with sophie right now, they'd gotten into a fight. a fight that felt like of stupid to him but he wasn't going to say that out loud. because he'd probably over reacted and would probably be told he was wrong anyway. and he didn't actually know if he was right or wrong so there was no point him bringing it up. he didn't want sophie to go because a. he'd miss her. and b. he didn't think venturing off all by herself was exactly the safest thing to do. yes, it might get her head straight. and yes it might help her figure things out. but no, it wasn't safe. and he didn't really even know exactly where she was going. he didn't even think she knew exactly where she was going. but saying all this would probably just sound like he was trying to say she was being stupid. which was the exact opposite of what he was trying to do. he just had a habit of wording things wrong so they came out all jumbled up and sounded like he was trying to say the opposite of what he was actually trying to say. he thought it was a good idea. he just think it was a good idea for her to go all alone. to another country. the other side of the world. lord knows where she was actually going. when she'd texted him that she'd booked her flight and was leaving in less than twenty four hours he hadn't replied. not because he was mad or annoyed or anything. but because he'd jumped in his car and gone to buy some things. things that were currently stuffed in a shopping bag as he knocked at her door. ”hey, sorry should've told you.” a faint smile on his lips. ”yeah, i did. i was getting you some stuff i thought you might need.” mostly things to look after herself. pepper spray, a rape whistle, and then there was stuff for a flight. like those weird looking neck pillows, an eye mask to keep out the light, earplugs, nausea tablets and wrist bands because he didn't actually know if she got travel sickness or not. stepping inside as she moved aside for him he held the bag out to her. ”sorry i was a dick.”

unemployed29
goes by soph
single pringle
3021 posts
the virtuoso (istp)
played by
kel
easternshe/her27
sophie automatically assumed that her boyfriend was upset with her and she could see why, to an extent, but the rest of it didn't make sense to her. she knew that it was all happening very fast and she did feel bad about that. but she also worried that if she stayed here for another week and didn't do something about whatever was going on in her head that she would probably ruin all the relationships she had with her friends, family, and jack. she would be too focused on her future and making a plan that she wouldn't get to enjoy having quit her job to find herself, or something cheesy like that. she took the bag from jack as he came into her apartment and closed the door behind him. "thank you, that was sweet of you." she leaned in to give him a quick peck on the lips because although she was going away for a while, it wasn't as if they were breaking up or anything. sophie had no intentions of seeing other people. she pulled out the pepper spray and made a face at him. "are you nervous or something?" her tone was playful but she did know there was a risk to a young woman traveling alone in a foreign country. she was grateful that he was thinking about her and making sure she could take care of herself. "you weren't being a dick. well, not too much of one. and i'm sorry i sprung all this on you so fast."
carpenter23
the cbche/his/him
goes by jack
single n/a
1406 posts
looks like kj apa
--
played by
bunny
+10she/her30
maybe he was overreacting. maybe he wasn't. all he knew was he currently felt like the biggest prick for making sophie snap at him the way that she had. perhaps it'd been called for. perhaps it hadn't. all he knew was that he was going to have to apologise. even if that wasn't the kind of guy he was. he knew he hadn't actually done anything wrong. knew that it was actually just a misunderstanding. but chances were he'd end up staying something that would be taken the wrong way and he'd just get into a lot more trouble than he was already in. he wasn't trying to make her feel like he didn't care. wasn't trying to make her feel like he didn't give a damn about her problems. but she barely talked to him about any of it. so how was he supposed to help her figure out a way to make her feel better if she didn't talk to him about it. he wanted to help her. wanted her to be happy. but he couldn't do that if she didn't open up to him and talk to him about it. giving her a kiss as he handed over the bag. stepping inside and nudging the door closed. looking at her as she pulled the pepper spray and asked him if he was nervous. ”of course i am. you're going away all by yourself. of course i'm nervous.” pushing his hands into his pockets and shrugging softly. he was being a bit of a dick, he knew he was. ”where exactly are you going first?”
unemployed29
goes by soph
single pringle
3021 posts
the virtuoso (istp)
played by
kel
easternshe/her27
sophie considered inviting somebody to go with her. she knew that jack couldn't come because he would be back at work and wouldn't want her to spend the money even though he would offer. it was easier to not even mention that idea because he would probably get upset. maybe she also needed a break just from everything. she thought about asking her sister too, but stella had a lot of work to do and couldn't just up and leave whenever she wanted to. neither could ethan. neither could leah. the only way this trip would make sense was for her to do it on her own. she had been researching the best ways to travel solo and she was excited to make her way somewhere warm for a while and to experience something new. "i'll be fine, i promise." she gave him another smile before taking a seat at the dining room table next to the bag of goodies he brought along. she could use a break from packing and determining what was worth of going and what was not. "i'm flying into san jose and then taking a bus to limon, which is on the coast. i figured i'd do that part first and then work my way back towards the city. i'll have my phone so i'm gonna try and check in and keep you in the loop."
carpenter23
the cbche/his/him
goes by jack
single n/a
1406 posts
looks like kj apa
--
played by
bunny
+10she/her30
jackson honestly wasn't sure if he was comfortable with sophie going away overseas by herself. it wasn't that he didn't trust her. of course he did. he just didn't trust other people. and he didn't want her to get hurt. he didn't want to risk something happening to her if he could've gone along too. though, in all honesty he couldn't go along with her. he'd been off work long enough because of his hand. and while he'd had the cast taken off and just had a wrist brace now, the doctor had signed him off to go back to work. so he needed to do that. he had bills to pay. otherwise, he would've gone with her in a heartbeat. though he still got the inkling that she wanted time away from him. perhaps that wasn't the case, but he just couldn't help thinking it. what if it were true. what if she did want time away from him. he didn't know what he might have done to earn that, but he felt he'd done something. nodding slowly as he listened to her explain what she was going to do and where she was going. ”maybe someone should go with you.” he didn't think going by herself was a very safe option. ”i know you probably think i'm over reacting but i don't think it's safe going by yourself.”
unemployed29
goes by soph
single pringle
3021 posts
the virtuoso (istp)
played by
kel
easternshe/her27
sophie knew that he meant well with his words but it was frustrating. she was lucky to have somebody care about her. perhaps it was tiring because she heard the same spiel from all of her brothers, her father, and her friends. pretty much anybody that knew she was going to be traveling south america on her own told her how she shouldn't do it alone. it only made sophie want to prove them all wrong. a sigh left her lips and she picked up the rape whistle that was sitting at the edge of the plastic bag on the table. "it's kind of late now. besides, i've got a whistle now." the look on her face was unimpressed as was the sarcastic tone of her voice. sophie set the whistle back down and pulled her knees up to her chest in the chair, wrapping her arms around them almost like a defense mechanism. "i can take care of myself. i appreciate your concern but the whole point of this trip is to get away from everybody else. i want to go alone." that came out badly. she regretted it almost as soon as she said it. "away from life here. i need a break from it." now she was just rambling and trying to cover up what she had said. the last thing she wanted was for jackson to think he was a problem but maybe in some way he was a part of it. she was beginning to see how young he really was and it worried her. she didn't want to hold him back.
carpenter23
the cbche/his/him
goes by jack
single n/a
1406 posts
looks like kj apa
--
played by
bunny
+10she/her30
The unimpressed look on her face and the sarcasm dripping from her words were not missed by Jackson. He wasn't stupid. Watching her pull her knees up toward herself, starting to get defensive. ”I never said you couldn't take care of yourself. Did I...” If she was going to snap at him then he was going to snap back. He hadn't done anything wrong. He was just trying to be nice and he was showing concern because he was worried. Arching an eyebrow as she said the whole point was to get away from everyone else, because she wanted to be alone. The hurt obvious in his face for a second before he dropped his gaze. Shoving his hand into his pocket and pulling out the keychain he'd gotten made for her with one of the pictures of them she'd told him was her favourite. Dropping it onto the table next to the whistle. Maybe she hadn't meant she wanted time away from him. Or maybe she did. ”You know if you want to get away from me just say it.” Shoving his hands back in his pockets. Maybe he was over reacting. But how the hell was he supposed to react considering his girlfriend had just said she needed a trip to get away from everyone. Himself more than likely included in that list.
unemployed29
goes by soph
single pringle
3021 posts
the virtuoso (istp)
played by
kel
easternshe/her27
she knew that the second those words left her mouth things were turning ugly, and fast. sophie didn't know how to explain herself to jack without making him feel isolated. he wasn't the cause of the problem but maybe he was part of it. she'd been so sheltered since they started seeing one another and perhaps it was all happening too fast, yet not fast enough at the same time. she didn't know what she wanted in life. that wasn't jackson's fault but he was clearly sensitive about the topic and it made her heart ache. her heart was racing as he leaned forward and stated it exactly how he saw it. if she wanted to get away from him, all she had to do was say so. it didn't help that sophie was stressed and tired and she was already on edge. a sigh fell from her lips and she pushed her seat away from the table but said nothing at first. "it's not about you, jack. it's about everything." her head was starting to feel like as though she might pass out from the confrontation. the last thing she wanted was to leave when things were dicey between the two of them. "honestly? you're too young. you don't want the same things that i want. you're nowhere near ready to even think about marriage and kids and a future. but i could want those things." the trouble was, sophie didn't know if she wanted those things with him. a few years down the line, maybe. but right now? the age difference between them was too much. "it's my job and my siblings and my parents. it's me. i'm trying to figure out where to go next, what to do..." her voice trailed off and she stood, folding her arms and crossing the room, maybe to put some space between them.
carpenter23
the cbche/his/him
goes by jack
single n/a
1406 posts
looks like kj apa
--
played by
bunny
+10she/her30
”If it's not then why do you keep making me feel like that's partly what it's about?” How was he supposed to think it wasn't anything to do with him. She was making him feel like it was about him. Even if only partially. She'd texted him a little while ago talking about how she thought he wasn't happy with her. And then it'd all spiralled to this. Quitting her job. Being stressed. Yet clearly a part of it was about her, because if it wasn't why would she ask if he was happy with her. Sucking in a deep breath as he watched her push herself to her feet and say it wasn't about him, that it was about everything. Then there it was. He was too young. They wanted different things. She wanted marriage and kids and he didn't. Not right now at least. He was too young to be thinking about that. She was right about that part. ”No, I don't yet.” He paused for a second. ”I don't want to get married or have kids. Not yet at least.” Hands pushed into his pockets. ”I'm twenty two, I still want to be stupid and reckless and do things without having to worry about how it's going to effect anyone else.” Okay so maybe he was freaking out too much. ”We don't want the same things. I can't give you what you want. What you need.” Feeling his eyes welling with tears as he dropped his gaze to the ground. ”Maybe we need to... I don't know. Take a break.” Pulling a hand from his pocked and pushing it through his hair. ”Maybe you do need time away from me. Maybe I'm not good for you right now. Maybe everything is stressing you out and I'm not helping.” Staying exactly where he was. ”I think maybe to help you clear your head I need to take a step back.”
unemployed29
goes by soph
single pringle
3021 posts
the virtuoso (istp)
played by
kel
easternshe/her27
the last thing sophie expected was for jack to show up tonight. she shouldn't have been surprised. but what did shock her was how quickly this conversation turned to something hard. it was a truth they both had to face and whether or not they could piece their relationship back together when she came back from her trip would be something they would have to figure out then. sophie was trying so hard to make jack feel like he wasn't a part of the problem that she was doing the exact opposite. maybe he was. maybe their relationship was taking more of a toll on her than sophie was ready to admit. she turned to face him when he spoke, watching him carefully as he confirmed that those were two things he didn't want right now. her eyes filled with tears as he continued and said the word 'break' - didn't that usually not end well for relationships? she sniffled and wiped at her eyes. "i'm holding you back from doing those things, from being young and figuring out what you want. i'm holding you back the same way i held myself back when i was twenty-two." she stepped towards him but he didn't come closer. sophie couldn't do this. it was too much. "i guess this is it then. i think we both need some space." part of her wanted to tell him to leave but the other part of her wasn't sure she was ready for him to go.
carpenter23
the cbche/his/him
goes by jack
single n/a
1406 posts
looks like kj apa
--
played by
bunny
+10she/her30
He wasn't trying to sound like a prick, wasn't trying to sound like he was trying to be horrible about this. Nothing he was trying to do was hurt her in any way, though with a conversation like this it was inevitable. Wasn't it? Regardless of whether he was trying to hurt her, it seemed like that was what he was going to do. Unintentionally of course. Sucking in a deep breath he said what he had to say. Watching her as she sniffled and wiped her eyes. As she spoke and blamed herself for holding him back like she'd held herself back. Seeing her step forward. Part of him was angry and didn't want to move towards her. Then there was the part that actually controlled himself and wanted to calm her down. So without hesitation he pulled his other hand from his pocket and wrapped his arms around her. ”I'm sorry, Soph.” Arms around her in a tight, comforting hug. ”I'm sorry, but I think this might be for the best.” Pressing a kiss to the top of her head. ”We just need some time. We just need..” His own eyes welling with tears as he sucked in a ragged breath. ”Maybe this will help. I don't know.”
unemployed29
goes by soph
single pringle
3021 posts
the virtuoso (istp)
played by
kel
easternshe/her27
this sucked. this was not the conversation that sophie wanted to be having with her boyfriend. she didn't want to break up but she knew that he was right. maybe it was what they needed. they could use the time apart to reevaluate their relationship and their love for one another. if there was one thing sophie was sure of in this life it was that she loved jackson and she loved being with him, but that wasn't always enough. there was so much other shit going on in her head that being in a relationship was not her main priority and that was clear to them both. she looked up in surprise when jackson pulled her into his embrace and she melted against him, wrapping her arms around him tightly as though she were gripping him for dear life, afraid to let go. she choked down a sob and buried her face against his chest before pulling herself together. having a meltdown in front of him wasn't going to make it any better for either of them. sophie looked up at him and nodded when he said it was for the best. in moments like this she found it hard to believe he was only twenty two. he was the one in control of this situation. she wiped at her eyes and pulled away from him, knowing they needed to separate themselves. "you're right. it's not like i'll never see you again or we won't talk. i'll text you every day i'm out there." sophie's stomach was tightening in knots and she felt like she might be sick. "you know i love you, right?"
carpenter23
the cbche/his/him
goes by jack
single n/a
1406 posts
looks like kj apa
--
played by
bunny
+10she/her30
his heart felt as though it was racing at a million miles a minute. Like he'd run a marathon and his body was acting as though he was full of adrenaline and he couldn't control it. Couldn't do anything about it. His heart felt like it was jumping into his throat and he was starting to feel his chest tighten. Like this was going to be the end of everything. Like his world was ending. Breathing becoming more ragged as his heart raced. Feeling his eyes fill with tears. Arms around her he couldn't help the tears that pushed their way from his eyes and he couldn't help himself from letting out a soft, muffled sob. Nodding slowly as she pulled back and told him she'd text him every day while she was gone. ”I'll text you all the time. I mean, as much as I can without seeming clingy.” Sucking in a deep breath and unable to stop himself from letting it out in a sob. Nodding again. ”I know.” Taking an arm from around her and rubbing the tears from his eyes. ”I love you too.”
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll