dashboard
cbox quiet? try our discord
direct cbox link
left me
speechless
welcome to
avalon
gone inactive? post in character reactivation by july 14th!
it's july! it's summertime and the sun is shining!

Add Reply
New Poll

blankets and babes, emily/cyndi
bartender26
the breakfast clubshe/her
goes by bay
oliver bordeaux baby mama
1746 posts
looks like katelyn tarver
the debator (ENTP-T)
played by
tilly
gmt 10+she/her25
pm/discordmature status: yes
willow avenue residences
bailey was slowly going crazy with jagger being in the world. he was an amazing little boy and bailey was so in love with him, but the crying was slowing getting to her. she was glad emily had toby and could escape the craziness that was now their house. she could have easily taken the baby to oliver's, but she didn't want him at the trailer. she knew she couldn't remember her own time as a baby, and from the books she had read, that would be the same for jagger but she still worried that him being anywhere near the trailer would have some sort of influence over him. they still hadn't figured out how this was going to work, but she knew she wanted to make it work somehow. for now, she had emily, and it was enough. walking around the apartment with the crying baby in her arms trying to calm him was getting her frustrated. "i'm so sorry em," she said to the other woman. "i just can't get him to stop." she hated putting emily in this position. she could only hope that emily had regretted her decision.

notes; <3 because they need to be okay with this baby.

@emily marlin
bar owner32
the breakfast clubshe
goes by emily
adopting all the pups with tobias waldorf
5097 posts
looks like emilia clarke
-
played by
cyndi
PSTshe / it28 [?]
pm/aimmature status: if warrants
willow ave residences
even though people had told emily having a baby would change her life, she hadn't expected that to be the case. then again why would she since the baby wasn't hers. but the moment bailey had returned from the hospital with baby jagger in her arms, emily knew life wouldn't be the same in the bordeaux-marlin apartment. it was now a rarity for the apartment to be silent due to jagger breaking the silence with his cries, or bailey attempting to coo him to sleep, or emily rocking him back and forth as well. while it was easy for emily to escape and hang out at toby's, where silence was golden, she'd told bailey from the beginning they were a team, and so while she spent some nights at toby, most of them were spent here, in the apartment with bailey. "hey, hey..." looking over at the younger blonde, emily marlin pushed herself off of the couch and made her way over to the frustrated and defeated mother. "what did i say about apologizing?! stop it. here.. let me try." she offered, sticking her hand out for the infant. never in a million years did emily think she would be helping raise a baby, but now that jagger was in her life, there was zero chance of her not helping bailey.

notes; of course<3 i change everything later. #lazy

@bailey bordeaux
bartender26
goes by bay
1746 posts
the debator (ENTP-T)
played by
tilly
gmt 10+she/her25
willow avenue residences
she just wanted him to sleep. whoever had told bailey that babies were a gift, clearly didn't have to deal with a child that had a set of lungs on them like her son. he was a gift for people who wanted to make sure their ears worked. she knew emily had taken to spending a bit more time at toby's and bailey was grateful that she had that escape. she didn't want emily to hide herself away in the bar so that she could escape the apartment. if she had asked her to, bailey would have moved out. she knew the older woman wouldn't ask that of her, having been exasperated by bailey's attempts to give her an out. she just felt defeated by her baby. "i know, i know. don't apologize. normally i wouldn't but this is extreme circumstances," she replied as she continued pacing. as emily approached, she held out the baby for her to take.

notes; all good lovelies.

bar owner32
the breakfast clubshe
goes by emily
5097 posts
looks like emilia clarke
-
played by
cyndi
PSTshe / it28 [?]
willow ave residences
there were nights when emily felt guilty for escaping to toby's apartment. it wasn't as if she wanted to leave bailey with jagger- heck, most nights she was at toby's she always voiced her worry about bailey and the baby, wondeirng how they were doing and whether she should go check on them. but she also wanted to spend as much time with toby- the brunette wanted to soak in every minute she had with him. "he's a baby bailey... they cry... it's what they do." emily reassured her roommate taking the screaming baby from the blonde. holding him close to her chest, emily began to rock back and forth, her eyes glancing from the blonde to the baby. "they poop. they sleep. they eat. they poop some more and in between all of that? they cry bloody murder." the older brunette whispered with a smile. it was the one thing she remembered being a preteen and her parents came home with evie- a crying bloody that kept her up most nights. she used to cover her head with the pillows in order to drown out the cries. after awhile she always found herself in front of evie's crib holding the baby until the cries came to a near silence. her parents used to joke she was a baby whisper. once again, her lucky seemed to be working as jagger's bloody cries began to grow quiet. "see.. jagger nothing to cry about am i right?" she looked down at the baby she held close to her. "do you want to take a nap and i can just watch him for now?"

notes; i love u.
bartender26
goes by bay
1746 posts
the debator (ENTP-T)
played by
tilly
gmt 10+she/her25
willow avenue residences
there were nights she knew it would be easier if she gave in and moved in with oliver. but the part of bailey that gave into her husband's every whim had broken in her the night he told her he was in love with another woman. she wouldn't allow herself to fall into it again, and she knew if she did, her sister would stand there tapping her foot and sighing every time she mentioned oliver's name or complained. bailey couldn't do that to her, so she was putting emily through this. maybe it was selfish of her, to want more for herself, and thus allow emily to suffer through her son's crying. "i know, i expected that. i just didn't think it would be this bad, and i didn't think you would have to do so much. i thought i could handle it," she confessed, because she had, she truly believed that she would be able to handle a baby, by herself with minimal help. she hadn't wanted to ask for help, saw it as a sign of weakness, despite everything she had been through in her life. as jagger began to quieten in emily's arms, bailey could have cried with sweet relief. it wouldn't continue, her son would soon sleep and so could they. [b]"no i'm fine. we could put on a movie though? you can tell me more about toby or how work's been?

notes; <3
bar owner32
the breakfast clubshe
goes by emily
5097 posts
looks like emilia clarke
-
played by
cyndi
PSTshe / it28 [?]
willow ave residences
truthfully, emily did not mind having a crying jagger around the apartment. sure she longed for those quiet nights when it was just her and bailey. and sure she had a tendency to escape to toby's but that was more so because she wanted to spend time with him and give bailey and jagger some alone time than her wanting to escape from the two of them. if she had her way, emily would rather spend it with jagger than do anything else during her free time. smiling over at bailey, emily chuckled softly. "you do have it handled bailey. jagger just, he's like you- a little rowdy when you least expect him to be. i'm not doing much, what, rocking him and getting to cuddle him? yeah i'm okay with that." she stated, bringing the now sleeping baby closer to her. "you sure you don't want to take a nap?" emily asked, rocking jagger back and forth. she could tell bailey was tired, but the young blonde was a stubborn one- maybe that's why these two got along as well as they did. "but i'll be happy to tell you whatever you want to know. like how i think.. nope scratch that, how i know i'm in love with toby and it scares me shitless?" shrugging her shoulders, emily made her way over to the couch to sit down. "and if you tell me to tell him, i'll scream and wake this nugget up" though they both know she was lying through her teeth- waking up a sleeping baby was something not to joke with.

notes; mwah!!
bartender26
goes by bay
1746 posts
the debator (ENTP-T)
played by
tilly
gmt 10+she/her25
willow avenue residences
she didn't understand how other women were able to do it, especially the ones that did it on their own. between oliver, emily and thalia, bailey had a team supporting her, but she just didn't have the desire, the motherly instinct. she wondered when it would kick in as she watched emily rock back and forth with her son, as he settled in her arms. maybe jagger could sense her nerves, maybe he knew that she was so unsure about life with him that he already hated her for it. she knew there would come a day eventually when those words came out of his mouth, but she wasn't expecting it for quite some time. she didn't know what kind of magic touch emily had, but it was just a relief to know that her son would settle for someone, anyone. she nodded along as emily spoke, but she wasn't sure she believed what the older woman was saying. there were times she was certain her son hated her already, but she wouldn't voice that aloud to anyone. "but he likes you," she said softly as the baby fell asleep. what emily said made sense, but it felt like there was so much more to it than that. "i'm sure, i'll throw my rhythm out if i nap now." she was used to sleepless nights, nights of little rest, but everything felt a million times more draining now. she sat down on the couch as emily spoke, a smile drawing upon her face. "then i won't tell you that, but i think you should do something about it. the more you ignore it, the worse it's going to get," she said with a shrug. she wasn't entirely sure if that was how it worked with love, but it tended to work that way with most of the things in her life.

notes; <3
bar owner32
the breakfast clubshe
goes by emily
5097 posts
looks like emilia clarke
-
played by
cyndi
PSTshe / it28 [?]
willow ave residences
for the longest time emily marlin had done her best at avoiding holding kids under the age of two. if they couldn't walk on their own, emily had little desire to hold them in her arms. it wasn't because she hated kids, no, she actually loved kids (she joked it was because they shared the same thinking menality) it was more so the idea of potentially dropping them on accident that left her frighten. then eric decided it was time to be a dad and it was an odd sight whenever emily found a way to not hold her oldest nephew. after coaxing from her mother emily eventually gave in and now she just wanted to hold all the babies. her parents even dubbed her the baby whisperer- a title she now wore proudly. rocking jagger back and forth in her arms, she watched her roommate, the younger blonde, take a seat on the couch. em knew how disheartening it was to her that she couldn't get jagger to stop crying and while she tried her best to reassure her that wasn't a problem, that it'll eventually pass, she knew bailey wasn't so sure. "that's because i'm a baby whisper..." emily teased, letting her roommate in on the nickname. "it was the same thing with milo. the moment i held him, the crying would stop...." wanting to reassure bailey it wasn't her, emily prayed it would make her feel slightly better, though she doubt it would. "yeah, maybe, but you'll also be less restless and sleep, sleep is good. i can always wake you up when he gets hungry" emily offered. looking down at jagger, emily could feel the weight drop down onto her shoulders. "do what though...?" it was stupid but emily was actually perplexed when it came to toby. she didn't want to ruin this relationship but it seemed everything she did (or did not do) was pushing toward that direction. "i'm not good enough for him baily..."

notes; mwah!!
bartender26
goes by bay
1746 posts
the debator (ENTP-T)
played by
tilly
gmt 10+she/her25
willow avenue residences
being a mother wasn't something that came naturally to her. she hadn't eaten so many meals a day since she was a girl as what she did when she was pregnant with jagger. bailey was used to drug and alcohol induced insomnia rather than a baby crying induced insomnia. there were so many things that changed in her life the moment she had discovered that she was going to be a mom. she wasn't able to continue stripping for a living, but thankfully, emily had opened up her bar at just the right moment so bailey didn't have to go too long without a decent income. she could have stayed at the beauty salon, but her heart wasn't in that, not since she had come back from canada. "haha, you really are," not truly understanding the context, but definitely believing it. emily had a way with her son that bailey just didn't have. if him growing up was going to be anything like now, she was in for a rough few years. but she knew that he would never doubt her love like she did with her own parents. "maybe you should start your own tv show or something. emily and her mystical ways with babies!" as she listened to emily about sleeping, bailey merely shrugged. whilst exhaustion weighed heavy on her bones, it wasn't the same exhaustion that had weighed her down once before. instead, it was almost refreshing. there was no alcohol, no trace of drugs in her system making her feel sluggish. instead she felt tired in a good way, like she was finally doing something right. "show him? something, anything. so that you can say that you did it. don't just wait around until it's too late." and maybe she was speaking from experience because all those nights oliver didn't come home wasn't him partying up with random whores with names he wouldn't remember. he fell in love while claiming to love her, and she knew first hand the devastation not doing something, anything, could bring a person. "shut the fuck up," she stated quietly, knowing that jagger probably wouldn't retain that word or the conversation but still not wanting to risk it. "you deserve the whole fucking world and anyone who tells you otherwise, is an idiot. including yourself."

notes; <3
bar owner32
the breakfast clubshe
goes by emily
5097 posts
looks like emilia clarke
-
played by
cyndi
PSTshe / it28 [?]
willow ave residences
since emily was a kid, she was used to the constant cries of children in the house. if it wasn't at her house, then it was at her aunts and uncles. every weekend was a marlin family event and thus every weekend meant spending it with her cousins who, with the exception of coen, were mostly younger than her. it was one of the reasons why a crying jasper, even at the top of his lungs, was not much of a bother to her- she was simply used to it. "i think it's because mentally.. i'm the same as a baby" emily half joked, though she was paritaly serious too. it's the reason why at every marlin family gathering, despite being one of the older grandkids (third in line to be exact), emily was more often than not banished to the kids table. she didn't mind of course for the kids table was way more fun than the adults.. that is until the alcohol started to flow. luckily the last two family gatherings. with tobias by her side she was granted permission to sit with the adults, even though she asked him if maybe he wanted to sneak off with her and join the kids. "maybe.. but then how else will i get babysit money? or you know.. i owe you points with parents? everyone will know my secret." she grinned, shifting jasper up so he was't lying awkwardly in her arms. looking down at jasper, emily smiled at both him then over at bailey. she jknew bailey was right- all the advice she was giving emily about her relationship with toby was on the dot. she needed to do something, needed to fix the best thing that has happened to her in a long time before she was left with nothing. but it scared her- even when she was married, she hadn't felt this way about someone. even with dexter, the man she thought she would spend the rest of her life with, she didn't have feelings this strongly for him. with toby, it was new, it was different, it was scary as shit. stopping midstep when bailey cussed at her, emily nearly dropped jasper from shock- not that she didn't deserve such harsh language spoken to her, but still, it caught her off guard. "well then i'm clearly an idiot.. but it's just... i'm scared bailey.. .what if.. i just mess it up. mess him up. i did it to dexter." she hesitated. "he's just.. so... perfect" emily sighed, her heart racing as she thought about tobias waldorf..

notes; mwah!!
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll