left me
speechless

enjoy your time in avalon,

welcome to left me speechless! we're a five year old writing community whose characters all live and breathe in a fictional small town called avalon, connecticut. take a look around at our shipper app, browse our wanted ads, and say hello in the cbox. and when you register, be sure to do so 'first last' in all lowercase letters!
it's getting to be winter in
avalon, connecticut
and everyone is bundling up
scroll to bottom
valentine's day!

Add Reply.
New Topic.
New Poll.

Who knows where this road is supposed to lead, sutton+megan
30 she/her socialite all over the world
addy
-
ruthlessly playing
capricorn
alexandra park
ava
she/her cst mature status: yes pm
THIS POST WAS MADE Jan 9 2018, 10:09 PM
tag; sutton
If it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be. Baby, just let it be
Biting at the corner of her lip, Adelaida’s eyes scanned the rack in front of her as she took in the options placed before her. Already her arms were full of inappropriate gag gifts that one might find at a bridal party, though she had no party in the future. Instead she was simply preparing herself for the next time the girls got together. It wasn’t unusual that they made up events and milestones in an attempt to celebrate, well nothing, together. The last event had been a white elephant house welcoming get together and before that a trip to Thailand. The people she associated with here in Avalon were as spirited as herself.

In the city Adelaida was expected to carry herself a certain way and while she had never colored within the lines of life, she was vastly different from the force of nature she was within the quaint town. Of course, all of this circled back to the fact that she was currently deciding between the pink penis necklace or the blue, before deciding to buy both and pulling them over her head to hand from her neck – one less thing to juggle in her hands.

Setting off down the aisle she went in search of party hats and tiaras, knowing they would one day come in handy. Finding the selection against the back wall of the party supply store, Adelaida found herself in the company of a young girl who seemed to be studying her in a way that had Adelaida pinching her face. At first she tried to ignore her, but as she continued to stare. Trying for the life of her to figure out what had caught this child’s attention, she finally remembered the gifts clutched to her chest, along with the multiple sets of beads around her neck. ”How about we just pretend you haven’t seen anything here today. Probably best that you wait a few more years,” she tried to joke as she shifted from the heel of her feet to her toes and back.

The girl only seemed to giggle at her comment in which case Adelaida smiled before returning her gaze to the wall ”so tell me, are you more of a princess type or are you looking for something goofy and fun?” Giving the girl a mischievous yet playful smirk, she reached out for one of the crowns and turned to place it on top of the girls head ”crowns are always better than tiaras. Don’t let the boys try and convince you they are the only ones who can rule.” Giving the child a wink as she turned her gaze back to the wall trying to find just the thing that would fit for one of the wild outings she often had with her friends. It was then that the girl turned and called for someone she seemed to know, going on about how funny Adelaida seemed to be. With her mouth twisting into an approval grin at the fact that the young girl seemed to have enjoyed her playful banter, she didn’t turn her attention to the child or the person she seemed to be with – which was probably her mistake.

have fun with that one sutton ;D LOL

@sutton richards
33 he/him cartoonist avalon daily
sutt
enfp
n/a
aquarius
andrew cooper
megan
she/her cst mature status: sure discord: thatgirlmeg#5047
THIS POST WAS MADE Jan 18 2018, 10:21 PM
tag; adelaida
As Sutton and Shelby walked side-by-side through the aisles of the party supply store she had dragged him to, he watched with amusement as his daughter filled the shopping cart with things she just had to have for the slumber party she had talked her father into letting her have. There were a few of the parents that had been skeptical about letting their daughters go to the event with there not being a female adult present, but enough had agreed and now the male was just nine days away from a night with seven girls between the ages of six and nine. A shiver of fear skittered down his spine just thinking about it.

It had been two years since he had moved past his resentment, anger, and sadness to become the father his daughter deserved and needed, and now that their relationship was on track, there wasn’t anything he wouldn’t do to bring a smile to his little girl’s face. If that meant sucking it up for a night of screaming, squealing, and squawking little girls then so be it. For now he was just focusing on surviving this shopping trip.

“What about some of these?” Sutton turned to direct his daughter’s attention to a shelf full of colorful silly string when he realized the little girl was no longer standing beside him. This wasn’t the first time Shelby had wandered off, often finding herself distracted by various shiny things or colorful displays. At least the store was small enough that it wouldn’t – or shouldn’t – take him too long to find her again. Pushing the cart down the aisle and turning, it was two rows over that she came into view, standing beside a woman with dark hair and a hand full of various party favors and decorations that looked to be meant for a bachelorette party.

Moving up behind the woman, Sutton gave Shelby a stern glare that lasted all of five seconds before he was grinning down at her and shaking his head. “I’m sorry, is she bothering you?” Whatever he had been expecting when the woman had turned, it wasn’t to come face to face with the same woman he had spent several nights curled up next to on the beaches of Thailand only a few months earlier. “Adelaida?” His tone was incredulous as the same shock he was feeling flashed in her eyes too. “What are you doing here in Avalon?” Taking Shelby by the shoulders he pulled her to him, wrapping his arms possessively around his daughter’s shoulders. He didn’t know why he was so quick to pull the her away from the woman that had been his island fling, but something about the whole encounter had him feeling the need to separate the two.

“Daddy, look what she gave me,” Shelby tried her best to diffuse the situation by pointing to the crown Adelaida had placed atop her head. “She said girls can rule too. I want to rule. I’m going to be queen one day.” Smiling proudly as she said the last bit, her gaze shifted between the two adults, equal parts pleased and confused by the awkwardness between them.

He's doomed. Also sorry it took me so long to reply. I suck.

@adelaida kraskov
30 she/her socialite all over the world
addy
-
ruthlessly playing
capricorn
alexandra park
ava
she/her cst mature status: yes pm
THIS POST WAS MADE Jan 25 2018, 12:41 AM
tag; sutton
Thailand had had seemed like eons ago, though it really had only been a few months since Adelaida and her friends had traveled for an all girl’s vacation. A vacation she had spent with a man she had met on the island, verses with her girls as she should have been. A man whom she was now peering up at as he reached out – semi frantic – to grab the girl she had previously been speaking too. Raising a brow, Adelaida looked back down at the girl before glancing back up at the man she had come to know as Sutton. Just as she was about to turn his own question back around on him, because surly she would have noticed him if he had always lived in Avalon – right? – the small girl spoke.

Tilting her head to the side, Adelaida stared at the man who the child had just called daddy – she hadn’t known he was a father. Then again, neither of them had spoke too much about who they really were. Small questions here and there, but they had never divulged bigger facts ( after all it was a fling ), but certainly the topic of fatherhood would have come up, right?

Feeling some slip from her hold, Adelaida snapped from her thoughts and quickly bent to retrieve the party favor before standing back up and taking a small step back ”Father?” she whispered with an arch of her brow. This certainly was interesting. Nothing she had expected, though to be honest she had never expected to see him again either; especially in the small town of Avalon. ”I live here. What are you doing here.” she finally replied, as the small girl looked between them completely confused. Guaging by the way Sutton was still gripping her shoulders, he didn’t approve of his daughter talking to her.

”Sorry, I didn’t know she was yours. She found me staring at the hats and I just…” She just what? Tried to break the tension of the fact that the child had caught her wearing multiple penis necklaces. Shit, she was wearing penis necklaces. Perfect.

Typically Adelaida was not the kind of woman to find herself in awkward situations, seeing as it was damn near impossible to embarrass her due to her over the top personality and hobby of pushing the limits; however, she certainly found herself completely embarrassed in this moment and very much finding this whole thing to be just a little awkward. So much for the simple life of the hidden beach’s and curling up around one another without worry of ever having to see each other again. Not that the idea of him being here was truly that horrendous, at least it didn’t seem that way on paper (this moment was another story).

have fun with that one sutton ;D LOL

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options.
Add Reply.
New Topic.
New Poll.