dashboard
cbox quiet? try our discord
direct cbox link
left me
speechless
welcome to
avalon
gone inactive? post in character reactivation by july 14th!
it's july! it's summertime and the sun is shining!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

positive vibes, dylan / bunbun
retired army veteran32
at homehe/him
goes by nicky
divorced but falling for bianca lambert
1395 posts
looks like richard madden
estj, executive
played by
dan
gmtshe/herdinosaur
discord, pmmature status: yes
azalea avenue sunny side estates
it had been a while since dominic had been at the bowling alley, and he wasn't sure that he remembered how to play. he'd wanted to spend some time with his brother, and since daniel was still at his parents house, he figured that he could do something fun with his youngest brother. it had been a while since the two of them got together and had a man-to-man chat. dominic wanted to see how dylan was doing, and maybe offer some advice if he needed it. not that he was any good at giving advice. but he could still try, right? well, he was going to. it was easy to slip into a conversation when you were bowling. rather than head inside the alley, he decided to hang around outside and wait for dylan to arrive. once he did, he gave his brother a hug and ruffled his hair. "hey, you. how's it going?" he asked, heading inside to pay for their games. "how many rounds you wanna play?" dominic was happy to play more than one, because it usually went quite quick.

@dylan carmichael
student/sales associate21
MONROE UNIVERSITY/the comic cavehe/his
goes by lan
783 posts
looks like shawn mendes
--
played by
bunny
+10she/her30
pmmature status: yes
earl estate lane monroe student housing
Dylan couldn't remember the last time he'd spent time with his brother. Sure, he'd spent time with him and their other siblings. But he couldn't remember the last time they'd spent any time together when it was just the two of them. It'd been quite some time. He had a feeling Dom just wanted to check up on him, not that it was a bad thing or anything. He just felt like sometimes his older siblings babied him and it was actually really annoying when they did that. He was old enough to be treated like an adult so it was annoying when they didn't treat him like one sometimes. Not that he hated it when they showed they cared. They all just had a habit of coming off somewhat condescending sometimes. Which he knew they didn't mean to, but they still all did it sometimes. Unintentionally of course. Walking to the bowling alley, even though it was freezing, it gave him time to think and he always liked the excuse to exercise. Even if it was freezing out. Walking was good. It helped to clear his head as well. Finding his brother he screwed his face up a little as he ruffled his hair. ”Hey.” He grumbled a little in protest as he pulled away a little. ”Going pretty good. What about you?” Heading inside with his brother. ”How about two and see how much I can kick your butt.”

@dominic carmichael
retired army veteran32
at homehe/him
goes by nicky
1395 posts
estj, executive
played by
dan
gmtshe/herdinosaur
it had certainly been a while since he had had some time with his little brother, and he could use it as an excuse to ask him how he was. fortunately for dylan, this big brother wasn't the type to baby him. he had figured long ago that since dylan had grown up and was a big boy now, he'd be better off if he was treated like an adult and not like a kid. really the only ones that needed to be treated like kids were daniel, and spencer. they were actual kids. "it's good." he nodded and headed inside, looking around and going straight to pay for the lane and games. dominic chuckled, he wasn't sure that dylan could kick his butt at bowling, but they had two games, so it might happen. "alright, we'll see how it goes." he grinned and handed over some money. "two games, one lane please." he was given his change, then slipped out of his shoes to change them into the bowling ones. "can you grab those please?" he asked dylan, pointing to his actual shoes as he was handed the bowling ones. he dropped them on the floor and slid his feet into them, then waited for dylan to be ready.

@dylan carmichael
goes by lan
783 posts
looks like shawn mendes
--
played by
bunny
+10she/her30
Dylan couldn't remember the last time he'd gone bowling. Lifting a hand and pulling his beanie off moments before he got to Dominic and instantly regretting it as his hair was ruffled. He wasn't one that liked people touching his hair. Not for vain reasons like it'd mess it up or stupid stuff like that. He actually didn't like the way it felt having someone's hand run through his hair. Except his own. And Sam's. She was the only exception. She was the only one who could touch his hair without him swatting at her hand. That was a big step for him. He never let anyone touch his hair, so the fact she was allowed to meant a lot. Smiling and heading into the bowling alley with his brother he pushed his beanie into the pocket of his jacket as he unzipped it and pulled it off, draping it over his arm. Somewhat surprised that there weren't more people here. Though he wasn't going to complain. He preferred less people around. Dylan was a competitive guy, why do you think he played college football and was actually really good at it. Grabbing his brothers shoes and a pair of bowling shoes for himself, moving toward the lane they were going to be playing at and taking a seat. Setting Dom's shoes under one of the seats and his bowling shoes on the floor and taking his shoes off. Putting the bowling shoes on and setting his things down. ”What color you want?” Knowing that the colors corresponded with weights. Moving over and picking a good one, bright green. ”Your go first.” He said with a smile as he nodded toward his older brother. Setting his ball down and putting their names into the machine.

@dominic carmichael
retired army veteran32
at homehe/him
goes by nicky
1395 posts
estj, executive
played by
dan
gmtshe/herdinosaur
Dominic slipped into the bowling shoes with ease and leaned on the counter so that he could lift his leg up and flatten down the velcro. He did the same with the other one, but used his foot instead, so that he didn't have to lift his leg. Once they were over at their designated lane, he looked at all of the bowling balls and pursed his lips. Which color did he want? What weight would work best for him? Those were the questions that he didn't ask himself often, because when he brought Daniel here, he didn't care for color, or weight. Now that he was going to be in a direct competition with his little brother, things were weighing on weight and color. "I don't know." Dominic stated, picking up a blue one to feel the weight, before putting it back down and grabbing an orange one. "That's too light." He glanced up at the board, then to Dylan. "You want me to go first, so you can put me to shame when you get a strike on your first go and I don't?" He was just messing with him, but he did know how competitive Dylan could get. Dominic grabbed a red ball, felt the weight, then launched it down the lane and.... straight into the gutter... "Shit..." This was going to go well.

goes by lan
783 posts
looks like shawn mendes
--
played by
bunny
+10she/her30
Slipping his bowling shoes on Dylan leaned forward and pressed the velcro down so the shoes wouldn't come loose. Pushing a hand through his hair having selected a ball and set it down he moved to the machine and typed their names into it. Setting Dominic to go first. ”Yep.” He said with a grin, nodding his head in an enthusiastic manner. ”Plus you're the oldest and everyone always gives me shit and says I have to go last because I'm the youngest.” Shrugging his shoulders as he sat down and watched his brother finally choose a ball and take his turn. Watching him carefully he couldn't help but laugh as the ball rolled down the lane and curved straight into the gutter. Jumping to his feet shaking his head playfully at his older brother. ”Let me show you how it's done.” Okay so maybe he was getting a little cocky now. Picking up the ball he put a hand beneath it as well to support some of the weight as he waited for the game to reset itself so he could take his turn. Taking a deep breath he weighed up the ball, stepping forward he swung his arm and rolled the ball down the lane. Straight down the middle. Though at the last second it curved a little to the left. Seeing it hit pins he stood there holding his breath wondering how many would be knocked down. Hearing them clink as the ball connected with them and they fell over. All but one. ”HA.” Grinning. ”Beat that.”

@dominic carmichael
retired army veteran32
at homehe/him
goes by nicky
1395 posts
estj, executive
played by
dan
gmtshe/herdinosaur
"Well, you could have gone first." Dominic grinned as he selected his ball and then launched it down the lane. He hadn't exactly been paying much attention to where he was throwing the ball, because he had been distracted by his younger brother. It would only be a matter of time before he got back into the swing of things. When his ball went into the gutter, he couldn't help but laugh as Dylan started to get cocky. He stuck his tongue out and sat down in the seat, watching his brother actually hit the pins. Sure it wasn't a strike, but it was still a hell of a lot better than what Dominic had actually done. "Alright show off, not bad for your first go, but let's see how you do with my next go." When his ball came back, he grabbed it from the rack, then waited for Dylan to knock down the rest of his pins on his second go, and then lined himself up, hopefully in line enough for a strike - if the ball didn't curve off again.

goes by lan
783 posts
looks like shawn mendes
--
played by
bunny
+10she/her30
Lifting his shoulders in a shrug. ”Age before beauty.” He said with a playful laugh. Watching his brother take his turn and failing miserably. Maybe beating him wasn't going to be so difficult after all. Still laughing as he got to his feet and took his turn. Grinning when he did a lot better than Dominic. Though chances were his brother wasn't really concentrating, because he knew that he was better at bowling than his, he'd played it with him many times before. Taking up his ball again when it came back he took a deep breath and rolled it down the lane. Missing the last pin entirely. ”Damn it. I showed off too early.” Frowning, though it was all playful. He wasn't really upset. It was just a game, he knew that. His competitive side came out mostly when he was playing football. That's when he got competitive. Far more than this. ”You're up.” Nodding to him. ”So how's everything going?” Taking a seat as he waited for Dom to take his next turn. He was having fun. That's what this was all about wasn't it? Brotherly bonding and all that.

@dominic carmichael
retired army veteran32
at homehe/him
goes by nicky
1395 posts
estj, executive
played by
dan
gmtshe/herdinosaur
"Now that is rude, little bro." Though he said that, there was also a grin on his face, as he knew that Dylan was only messing with him. He'd let him mess with him all the time and get away with it, because he knew what his little brother was like. Besides, they were in a friendly competition and what was a little sibling rivalry when there was fun to be had? Neither of them really meant any of what they were saying to each other - and it was just banter, that's all! He grinned more when Dylan missed the last of his pins, and stood up. Stretching out tall, he grabbed his ball and launched it down the lane on his go. "Do not try to talk to me and distract me during my go, brother. Or I will mess up your hair again." He threatened, but it was just in jest. He could concentrate, even if Dylan was talking to him. When the ball was released from his fingers, he hoped that it wouldn't curve again, but it did. Only slightly. And when all of the pins got knocked down, the incredulous look on his face was actually genuine. "Aw, fuck yeah!" He cried, bouncing slightly back to his seat. "I'm good now, Dyl! What about you?"
goes by lan
783 posts
looks like shawn mendes
--
played by
bunny
+10she/her30
”I'm the youngest, I'm allowed to be rude.” He said with a playful laugh. He was only joking around. He didn't think himself better looking than any of his siblings. Then again, he wouldn't be so vain as to call himself good looking in the first place to be perfectly honest. Missing the last pin he frowned and moved back to the seats. Dropping into one in a playful pouty manner as he asked Dominic how he'd been. ”I wasn't trying to distract you. I was genuinely interested, big brother.” He said with a frown. ”Distracting you so you miss your shot is something Ethan would do, not me.” Shaking his head as his brother playfully threatened to mess up his hair. Watching as Dom took his next turn and knocked down all the pins. ”Well, looks like you weren't distracted anyway.” He said with a laugh and a shake of his head as he got up as Dom bounced to his sear. ”That's good.” Grabbing the ball and taking his next turn. ”I'm really good actually.” Pausing for a second. ”I met my girlfriend's son yesterday.” He'd told Dom a little bit about Sam and the fact she had a son. But he hadn't told anyone yet that he'd met Elijah.

@dominic carmichael
retired army veteran32
at homehe/him
goes by nicky
1395 posts
estj, executive
played by
dan
gmtshe/herdinosaur
If Dylan had indeed been trying to put him off the game, then quite clearly he hadn't succeeded in doing so. It was only Dominic's second go, and he'd already gotten a strike, however he knew that that had been a fluke. There was no way that he could do anything better than that (what's better than a strike anyway? A Turkey! Or maybe a perfect game!). He sat himself down on the little chair and adjusted the shoe on his prosthetic, making sure that it was tight enough that he wouldn't accidentally walk out of it, or something like that - he'd made that mistake a few times before, and it had been rather hilarious. "You know what... I'm good, actually. Real good." He smiled, nodding at his younger brother, watching him as he explained that he met his girlfriend's son. Dominic's eyebrow raised slightly, but his interest was definitely piqued. "How did that go?" He asked curiously. Sometimes meeting your significant others kids for the first time, could be either daunting, or terrible - there was definitely no inbetween.

goes by lan
783 posts
looks like shawn mendes
--
played by
bunny
+10she/her30
dylan knew that it was going to take more than that to throw his eldest brother off his game. Though, truth be told, he honestly wasn't trying all that hard at all. If he really wanted to throw him off he could've thought of about a million better ways that what he'd chosen. He wasn't really trying. He was just mucking around and having some fun. ”You are?” He asked with a smile. ”That's good. I'm glad.” All he ever wanted was for his siblings to be happy. Healthy and happy. Was that too much to ask for? Dylan certainly didn't think so. If it was, then so be it. He didn't care. He loved hearing about his sibling's lives and the goings on and the like. Some might have found it boring, but not Dylan. He certainly didn't. He had a lot of older siblings and he often just sat and listened to them talk about how things were going in their lives and things they were doing. He liked it. Loved it, actually. Watching him as he spoke about meeting Sam's son, Elijah. Trying not to laugh at the way Dom's eyebrow raised. ”It went pretty well, I think.” He said with a genuine smile. ”I think he likes me. We watched cartoons and he let me play games with his toys with him. That's good, right?” He asked, he'd never actually dated anyone before. Let alone someone with a child. So he hoped he was doing okay.

@dominic carmichael
retired army veteran32
at homehe/him
goes by nicky
1395 posts
estj, executive
played by
dan
gmtshe/herdinosaur
Dominic had just decided this second that he was going to make more of an effort to be involved in the lives of his siblings. He had to admit that he hadn't really been around all that much for any of them, and that was going to change now. Sure, he had Daniel, and his siblings seemed to love his son more than him, but that didn't mean that he wasn't going to try and make a proper effort. That's why today he was standing at the bowling alley, staring at pins that refused to go down after having a ball launched at them. Plus, he wanted to know a little more about their lives, and that apparently meant listening and trying to give advice. "Yeah, that's really good. You should probably only worry when he starts to throw things at you." Dominic grinned and nudged his youngest brother gently with his elbow. "Just like Daniel throws things at everyone... but I think that's his way of showing love." He shrugged and launched a ball down the alley again, watching the pins get hit and knocked down... all of them, expcept one.

goes by lan
783 posts
looks like shawn mendes
--
played by
bunny
+10she/her30
Dylan wasn't very good at talking about himself. His problems or anything that was going on in his life in general to be honest. Usually because when he did Ethan would tease him some way about it or call him a pussy or do something to make him not want to talk to his siblings about anything. So he'd gotten good at bottling it all inside and keeping it all to himself. Even when they asked him directly, he rarely answered. He usually managed to change the subject to talk about something else. Anything else. Anything other than having to open up about himself. His thoughts and feelings. He was only just starting to get good at opening up with Sam because of it. He blamed Ethan for that. Which may not have been fair, but that's the way it always had been so he doubted it'd change now. Arching an eyebrow as he mentioned how Daniel threw things at everyone and how he thought that was how he showed love. ”I feel like maybe you should teach him that he's not supposed to show love like that. That he'll really hurt someone.” Shrugging softly as he moved to grab his ball and take his turn. Taking a deep breath and rolling the ball down the lane. Grinning as it hit every single pin. ”YES. Strike.”

@dominic carmichael
retired army veteran32
at homehe/him
goes by nicky
1395 posts
estj, executive
played by
dan
gmtshe/herdinosaur
With one pin left on the alley, Dominic launched a second ball down and completely missed it, but he wasn't too bothered. He was here to have fun with his younger sibling, and if he lost then so be it. Dominic could handle a loss rather well, and he wasn't really the very competitive type -- so when Dylan got a strike, he grinned and held his hand up for a high five to congratulate him. "I suppose I should, but at the moment I'm just trying to get him to eat vegetables, and I think that's pretty important." He gave a small shrug and took his turn -- his turn consisted of a gutter ball, followed by a 'strike' which was actually called a spare. "I'm struggling at the moment, Dyl..." He admitted, having not said that out loud to anyone before, least of all the youngest brother who was still trying to sort his own shit out. If there was anyone that Dominic should really be talking to about this, it was Sophie. "Sorry... didn't mean to burden you with that, you've got your own stuff to sort out." He ruffled his own hair and took a seat, watching Dylan take his turn.

goes by lan
783 posts
looks like shawn mendes
--
played by
bunny
+10she/her30
Grinning as Dom held up his hand to give him a high five given that he'd just gotten a strike. Slapping his hand against his brothers in a playful manner he dropped his hand again and pushing it into his pockets. Looking at him as he listened to him talk about Daniel. Lifting his shoulders in a shrug. ”But aren't eating right and behaving right both important?” Who was he to ask? He didn't know the first thing about raising a child. So maybe he wasn't exactly the right one to be giving advice on raising a kid. Though the smile washed off his face as his brother admitted to him that he was struggling. Frowning softly he moved toward his older brother, wrapping an arm around his lower back and pulling him into a hug. ”Hey. Don't do that.” Turning to face him and hugging him tightly. ”Don't apologise.” Refusing to stop the hug until his brother hugged him back. ”I know I'm the youngest, and you guys don't seem to like to talk to me about your problems. But that's what siblings are for. No matter how much younger I am. No matter if I'd got things going on myself.” He slowly let go and stepped back. ”I want you to be able to talk to me, Dom. That's what I'm here for. That's what siblings are for. Now talk to me. I don't care what I've got going on. Talk to me, please!”

@dominic carmichael
retired army veteran32
at homehe/him
goes by nicky
1395 posts
estj, executive
played by
dan
gmtshe/herdinosaur
"I suppose you're right, but sometimes it's just a struggle to get him to eat a piece of broccoli, or a single carrot piece." Dominic shrugged his shoulder lightly. He wasn't normally the type of person to admit when things were going wrong, because he was so used to doing things by himself and fixing them. But just lately things had been different, and he was beginning to struggle. He didn't want to talk about it, but he had been told by a therapist that it was always best to air it out in the open, so that he didn't bottle it up and make a mess of things later on down the line. But the question he had to ask was; should he really talk about it with his youngest brother? Dylan was just a kid still -- a really smart kid with a good head on shoulders, and his whole life ahead of him -- and would it be fair to burden him with his problems? However, as soon as Dominic had started to talk, he knew that he wasn't going to be able to stop -- though he did keep quiet to let Dylan speak. His curls shook as he nodded his head, taking into account everything that this smart young man had said to him. Dominic took a moment silence, but then looked up at his brother. "The nightmares are back... and I'm just... I'm not sleeping, and I'm afraid... afraid of what might happen if Daniel wakes up and comes into my bed and I have a nightmare... what if I hurt him?"

goes by lan
783 posts
looks like shawn mendes
--
played by
bunny
+10she/her30
All thoughts of bowling and the like completely disappeared as Dominic said he was struggling. Turning his full attention to his older brother and offering to listen. If he needed to talk, then Dylan had no problem listening. He was a good listener. Yes, he was the youngest in his family and he knew his older siblings still looked at him as if he were a little kid. But he wasn't. He was an adult, he could handle listening to their problems. He hated it when they treated him like a little kid and he just wanted them to talk to him. To treat him the way they treated one another. He hated that he was always singled out somewhat and sheltered from basically everything that they had going on in their lives. Yes, they did it for his own good, but in a way he felt as though they were babying him. And that was what he hated. So he'd offered to listen. And was glad Dom took him up on it. Hearing that the nightmares were back, he couldn't help but frown. He hadn't heard a great deal about any of that, but there was a first time for everything. He wasn't going to say that Dom wouldn't hurt Daniel, because he didn't know if that were true. No one did. No one really would. ”Have you talked to anyone about it?” He paused, knowing that it was common in his family for bottling thoughts and emotions. ”What if you went and saw someone about it. Maybe that could help?” Looking at him with genuine concern. ”Or looked into getting a companion dog?” Smiling warmly at him. ”I mean they train dogs specifically for things like this. It could help. So could talking.”

@dominic carmichael
retired army veteran32
at homehe/him
goes by nicky
1395 posts
estj, executive
played by
dan
gmtshe/herdinosaur
"I know that talking is supposed to help, but sometimes I just don't want to." Dominic sighed and ran his fingers through his curly locks. A while ago, he had been going to therapy, but then he had stopped it without a proper reason. He was still taking his medication to keep him level-headed and calm, but it was the therapy that had kept him sane. "I am talking to someone though... she's not a professional therapist, or anything, but she really helps." There was a slight sparkle in his eyes as he thought of Bianca. The corners of his lips twitched up slightly. "She helps, she actually helps a lot..." He told his brother, looking up at the younger male. "A dog would just get under my feet... a lot... and I can't be having that... what if he, or she, thinks that my leg is a chew toy? How can I give chase to get it back?" He was overthinking this way too much. He knew that Dylan was trying to help, and maybe a therapy dog wasn't such a bad idea? The dog would be trained anyway, so there'd be no chance of an inpromtu game of fetch with his prosthetic. He'd have to put a bit more thought into it.
goes by lan
783 posts
looks like shawn mendes
--
played by
bunny
+10she/her30
Nodding as he listened to his elder brother. He didn't really know how to give advice, he was the youngest after all and he didn't have a great deal of life experience. But he'd been told that talking about things was supposed to help. Bottling everything up was bad, he knew that much. Turning his full attention to Dominic as he said he was talking to someone, not a professional therapist, but she was helping. ”Oh, good.” He said with a small smile. ”That's good that she's helping. Even if she's not a professional. That part doesn't matter. You don't have to be a professional therapist or anything to help someone through problems. Y'know.” Smiling broadly at his older brother. ”You do realise that service dogs are trained not to do those things. Right?” Arching an eyebrow at him. ”It wouldn't use your leg as a chew toy. And it could be trained to go collect it. That's the whole idea of service dogs, Dom.” To be honest, he'd looked into it when his brother first came home. Only trying to help out. But he didn't know if the idea would've been welcomed or shunned, so he'd kept it to himself until now. ”Could help, you never know.”

@dominic carmichael
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll