dashboard
cbox quiet? try our discord
direct cbox link
left me
speechless
welcome to
avalon
gone inactive? post in character reactivation by the 14th
it's june! sun and summer have arrived in avalon!

Add Reply
New Poll

And if there are storm clouds in your head, Papa Fuller // the Jenny
Babysitter22
avalonShe
goes by Mina
under the spell of isaac clarke
14322 posts
looks like Martina Stoessel
ISFP-T
played by
andie pandie
GMT-6she/her27
PMmature status: yes, if useful for the plot
willow avenue terrace apartments
"¿Papá?" she called, as she walked into the house, her purse hanging on her shoulder and her hand holding a bunch of papers from the doctor. On one hand, Romina felt proud of herself for managing to go to all of her medical appointments by herself (and only crying while she had her blood drawn); on the other hand, she felt disappointed of the lack of improvement over the last month. Not only had she not advanced, she had actually lost a few pounds. And that just made her feel sad and frustrated, especially when the doctor hinted she wasn't pushing herself enough.

With all the problems with Maxi, dealing with the new roommate, her new job and the start of the fall semester, her appetite was seriously diminished. More often than not, Mina had been skipping meals, or eating way less than the recommended portions her dietician had given her. And even though she knew it was bad for her health, she couldn't help it, her feelings filled her stomach and left no room for food. "Pa..." she called him again, taking her shoes off and leaving them by the stairs. "Pa?" she approached the kitchen and finally she saw the door that lead to the backyard was open.

"Hey" she couldn't say things were exactly perfect with her dad, but at least he was trying to make it up to her, even if it was a little too late for her liking. "Just went with the doc" she hesitated at handing him the papers, but eventually decided to give them to him, hoping he wouldn't make it even worse when he read the results, the slightly low red cell count, the weight loss, the slightly low blood sugar, the doctor's notes.

the fullers

@robert fuller III
plastic surgeon49
st. gracehe/him
goes by bobby
345 posts
looks like simon baker
tbd
played by
jenny
gmt+1she/her27
pm for stuffsmature status: yessssss
yes, he was too late. it often felt like he had missed out on all of the important things in his own life. and not even by choice. it had been a choice made for him, being a doctor, and not much had been up for discussion. at least he had finally gotten to marry a woman he loved - and he did love adrienne with all of his being. but part of him kept coming back around to the moment when he had found out abour romina. he should have upended his whole life to be close to his child. he should have been there for her when her mother got sick - he should have been there for her, period.

it more often than not put an ache in him, this sense of dread that he was losing his little girl and it was a losing battle. but he didn't want that. didn't want to watch her slip away, fade away, become another statistic. they were going to find a way for her to get better, for good, and for their relationships to heal as well. robert was determined, and he had started taking days off of work just to prove to both romy and ade that he was serious. he'd made a point of staying at home, at the house, in the garden with a book, in part because he knew (though he shouldn't know) that she had a doctor's appointment.

when bobby heard her calling, his stomach sank. there was something in the tone of her voice, and he got up from where he was lounging in the sun, putting his book down to start walking back towards the house. "out here, querida," smiling when he saw her and then walking the last few steps until he was only a few feet from her, able to take the papers she held out. robert pulled the glasses he'd folded up from his pocket and put the back on, scanning the pages, flipping between papers before shaking his head gently. "oh, romy, i'm so so sorry," he murmured, not even thinking before reaching for her, pulling her into him and wrapping his arms tight around his daughter. "it's just minor, you're still doing so good," he assured her, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. he knew it wasn't something he usually did - because he stiffled the urge - but bobby was tired of fighting his own instincts. even if she pulled away and pushed him away, at least this time he would know he had offered more than just words.

the fullers

@romina fuller
Babysitter22
avalonShe
goes by Mina
14322 posts
ISFP-T
played by
andie pandie
GMT-6she/her27
She would obviously be lying if she said she was fine. She simply wasn't. She was definitely better than before, she had improved, but at that particular moment, Mina simply didn't feel fine. The brunette pressed her lips together, her eyes staring at her father as he examined the papers. Honestly, she didn't know what to expect, what kind of reaction she could get out of him. The way he quickly pulled her in took her by surprise. Not that she dislike hugs, but it felt slightly odd. Hesitating, Romina wrapped her arms around him, letting him close, even though it wasn't like one of those warm hugs she used to give him back in her childhood. She still felt too disappointed to treat him the same as before.

"It's... I'm under a hundred pounds again... the doctor wasn't happy and he-he scolded me, you know? I didn't mean to lose weight, I'm just not getting hungry" she didn't expect Bobby to believe in her word; after all, she had lied to him and everyone else so many times in the past. But this time she was being honest. Her appetite was diminished and the weight loss was completely unintentional. She let go of him and bit her lower lip, looking down. The sudden realization that she would rather speak to her stepmother about all this hit her. At which point she had started to trust Ade more than she trusted her own father. "I'll get better" she took the papers from his hands and nervously started to fold them, still doubting if she should open up to him entirely.

the fullers

@robert fuller III
plastic surgeon49
st. gracehe/him
goes by bobby
345 posts
looks like simon baker
tbd
played by
jenny
gmt+1she/her27
pm for stuffsmature status: yessssss
robert worried about his oldest more than he would like to admit to anyone. even her. if she knew how much he worried about her, then she was bound to feel bad, and that was less than conducive to her rehabilitation. the papers she'd given him made his stomach churn, and he had the sudden urge to throw everything away to make sure she was okay. but that wouldn't help either... even if he was starting to realize that it would probably be better than what he had been doing when she first was admitted to the hospital. leaning his chin against the top of her head, bobby could feel the distance between them still, even if he was glad she let him close enough to hold her for a little while.

looking down at her, he felt bad. because he wasn't sure if she was telling him the truth or not. "i know you will. look, romina, it's okay to have ups and downs. no one recovers flawlessly. no one gains all their weight back in a month, no one can quit doing drugs in a week, and no one quits smoking over night. it's not the way we work. your body isn't used to eating, to eating large portions of food and dealing with that. so i think, maybe there's a way. are you eating small portions often? if so, make them smaller, and even more often. snacks, power bars, things that contain calories that i know you don't like, extra fat and all that stuff you hate, but it'll make it easier for you to adjust back to eating more. you just have to get there, and it's okay for that to take time," he assured her, putting a finger under her chin to tilt her head up so she looked at him. "but if there is a reason you're not eating... then i need you to talk to someone, even if it's not me."

the fullers

@romina fuller
Babysitter22
avalonShe
goes by Mina
14322 posts
ISFP-T
played by
andie pandie
GMT-6she/her27
She listened to her dad's advice. She knew he was right, she knew he knew better than herself, but she couldn't bring herself to take him seriously. Maybe it was all that time she had called for his attention once and again and he had ignored her, maybe it was the breach that had grown between them through the past year. It wasn't like when she had moved in with him and Ade, she no longer felt like he was her sole protector, she no longer felt that trust with him. And it hurt to realize that connection had faded. "It's not that I don't like it, I'm scared of that..." of course, she didn't expect him to understand her. He never did.

His last words offended her slightly. After all the hard work she was putting into her recovery, he still dared to assume she wasn't eating properly? Sure, the fight with Maxi had her in a bad place, but it wasn't like she was back to her worst days. The brunette rolled her eyes as he tilted her face by the chin, obviously annoyed. "I'm eating, okay? Sometimes I get too anxious or some shit and the food doesn't stay down, but I'm eating" she pushed his hand away from her face, looking at him with a serious, almost angry expression.

the fullers

@robert fuller III
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll