dashboard
cbox quiet? try our discord
direct cbox link
left me
speechless
welcome to
avalon
gone inactive? post in character reactivation by the 14th
it's june! sun and summer have arrived in avalon!

Add Reply
New Poll

anchored here with you, bobby // jenny <3
full-time mum33
home sweet homeshe/her
goes by ade
608 posts
looks like miranda kerr
ISFJ
played by
sara
gmt +2she/herold
pmmature status: if useful for the plot
earl estate lane estates
After Ollie had finally been convinced to sleep in his own bed, Adrienne got ready for bed herself. Thanksgiving was always rather stressful what with all the preparations to be made. Though, thanks to the white lie that Bobby had used on the phone, mustering up his best imitation of a cough, and explaining to his parents that the boys had a fever, the dinner had been more relaxing; without his father's rants about immigrants and traditions being neglected it was all a little more calm.

Removing the makeup with a cotton pad and cleanser, the brunette sat at her makeup stand in the bedroom. "It surely had nothing to do with you," she assured her husband who was brushing his teeth in the ensuite bathroom. She knew that Mina's early goodbye after the family dinner unsettled him; possibly making him worry that he had done or said anything wrong. Their relationship was still strained whereas Adrienne's own relationship to her step-daughter seemed to improve with each day.

"She was just eager to meet up with her boyfriend... you know.... young love," Ade applied moisturizer across her face, trying to take the worries off her husband's mind. Mina was absolutely head over heels for the youngest one of the Clarkes' offspring. It wasn't the first time that Ade noticed that her stepdaughter had the tendency to drop everything for the guy. She still found it a bit odd that Isaac had neither chosen to join their family dinner nor invited Mina to his own family dinner but she figured it wasn't her business.

@poppy raleigh
plastic surgeon49
st. gracehe/him
goes by bobby
345 posts
looks like simon baker
tbd
played by
jenny
gmt+1she/her27
pm for stuffsmature status: yessssss
bobby had been worried that things wouldn't be as easy as he had Pictured when he and ade talked about faking an illness and staying home alone for thanksgiving. he Always felt weird saying goodbye to his oldest daughter, and watching her leave made him feel oddly hollow. he knew that it was different now, she was grown up, with a boyfriend, and he was going to have to find a way to be okay with that. with the fact that he was no longer (and maybe hadn't been for quite some time) the most important man in her Life. it didn't mean he liked it, or that he felt like he could trust the boy that had won his daughter's heart - and he almost pitied him because he knew how hard he was being on the poor boy. he just didn't like it.

putting his toothbrush down, he stayed in the doorway, looking in on his wife as she did her nightly ritual. she was Always so Beautiful, and he wondered once again how he'd been lucky enough to find a woman like her. let alone that a woman like her would love him back. "Young love, i know all too well about Young love, and the reckless behaviour it leads to. what if she comes home--" he stoped himself at the Word, the fear too real in his mind and in his chest. what if she got pregnant, what if this boy of hers just left, what if she got sick again? any number of worries lived right there at the forefront of his mind. "i just don't want him to hurt her, and i would have felt better if she stayed a Little longer," he concluded with a nod.

i'll fix the gif when i'm not on the work computer, and i'm sorry for the weird and random capital letters. this computer is werd af.
full-time mum33
home sweet homeshe/her
goes by ade
608 posts
looks like miranda kerr
ISFJ
played by
sara
gmt +2she/herold
earl estate lane estates
Abruptly, but only briefly, Adrienne stopped applying the moisturizer as the remark about young love left her husband's mouth. And even though, he hadn't finished his sentence and instead continued it differently, she knew very well what he was meaning to say. She felt a blush creeping up her neck at the mention of this topic, reminding the afternoon earlier this year; some time in summer, just a few days before Mina had grabbed a few suitcases and disappeared to Europe for an extended holiday in Italy and Spain where her boyfriend had played tennis. She recalled the conversation and the embarrassment she had felt explaining all those things that her step-daughter wanted to know about sleeping with a man.

Clearing her throat softly, Ade tried to swap her nervous smile for a normal one as she said in a soothing tone, "I don't want her to get hurt, either. He seems gentlemanly, though." At least, this was the impression that she had gotten last year when Mina still used to live with them and Isaac had dropped by frequently. Absentmindedly, she took the hand lotion and rubbed her hands in, attempting to gauge whether Bobby suspected that his little girl was no longer his little girl. She threw a fleeting glance at the reflection of her husband in the mirror and contemplated whether she should tell him what she knew or whether this would be a violation of Mina's newfound trust in her. Perhaps, if she didn't go into details then it wouldn't be so bad. "She's on the pill," the words came out softly as if they were forbidden.

notes: haha ok <3

@poppy raleigh
plastic surgeon49
st. gracehe/him
goes by bobby
345 posts
looks like simon baker
tbd
played by
jenny
gmt+1she/her27
he could tell something was up, but he just didn't know what. and maybe, as a young woman's father, it was better for him this way. maybe, if he just allowed himself not to hink about it, it would slip from his mind and he could still look at his little girl with the same innocent notions and ideas that he had had when she first came to live with him; like she was still a girl and not a woman in love. which was unfair, because had he not taken someone's daughter to be his wife? a woman younger than himself? yes, he had, and looking at ade now, he wondered how a father might feel to see his girl married and having children, dealing with the knowledge of how those children came to be. for a doctor, for a man, he felt awfully naive.

pacing a few steps, obviously nervous as he glanced at adrienne, he stopped dead when she spoke those four words, soft and at the same time so loud it made his ears rings. his eyes widened, a comic look on him, as he stared at her from where he was standing. "i'm sorry, i think i'm hallucinating. what did you just say?" he asked softly, stepping closer, before sitting down on a chair close by, his knees oddly soft where he stood. his mind went in two directions; if she was having sex, then at least she was being safe, on the pill, and it would help with her weight. he knew that it was better for her, medically, if she was. and at the same time, he was horrified, because it meant more than just something medically and for safety reasons. it meant she was having sex, possibly unprotected, with a boy he barely knew. and robert had to admit, that was his own fault. but it made his head spin all the same. "i don't-- i don't know how to react to that," he whispered, staring at his wife helpelessly.

full-time mum33
home sweet homeshe/her
goes by ade
608 posts
looks like miranda kerr
ISFJ
played by
sara
gmt +2she/herold
earl estate lane estates
Ade could tell that her words shook her husband's world. Ducking her head a bit, she looked at him sort of apologetically as he didn't seem to want to hear what she had just told him. Perhaps, she shouldn't have even mentioned it. It was probably already one step too far into Mina's privacy; especially, since her stepdaughter didn't appear to be willing to discuss this private topic with her father (otherwise, she probably wouldn't have chosen to come to her this summer). She set the hand lotion back on the table, hearing his foot steps moving behind her, still wondering what on earth she should say to him now. She turned towards him, watching him slumping into a chair nearby as though, his legs weren't able to carry his weight anymore. Her thin eyebrows knitted as she had to see Bobby so disturbed by the idea of his little girl being not so little anymore.

"I- I'm sorry, darling," it was the first thing that crossed her mind. "I reckon, it isn't easy... thinking that... she's.... growing up," her blue eyes avoided him as she rung for words that wouldn't force her saying it. Once again, Adrienne felt her cheeks getting hotter, the embarrassment about this topic ever present. She moved her hands up to her hair, loosening the hairband and freeing her brown long hair, "you cannot do anything about the way she feels about him and if she thinks she's ready-" reaching for a hairbrush, she tilted her head a bit, glancing to him and giving a meaningful look,"then she will....do it," she brushed her hair, trying to act like an adult woman about this and stop being so ashamed of this topic.

@poppy raleigh
plastic surgeon49
st. gracehe/him
goes by bobby
345 posts
looks like simon baker
tbd
played by
jenny
gmt+1she/her27
even if his mind was going in a hundred different directions at the same time, robert knew this was a good thing. not that his baby girl was growing up and having sex, that idea alone made his skin crawl because... no. no. she was too young. or that was his belief, and firmly so. but at least she was on the pill, at least she was being safe. no matter how much he wanted to protest and forbid it (which was ridiculous, considering) he knew this was ultimately a good thing. and it would help his daughter gain weight, which was a thought that ran through his mind like a light; it would help, not hurt. he'd know this day would come, but he hadn't known how weird it would make him feel.

"oh honey, don't be sorry," he said softly, rubbing his hands over his face before looking up to meet her beautiful, blue eyes. "i'm glad you were there for her, ade. i'm just-- surprised, i suppose. it's not as easy as i hoped, and harder than i imagined. and suddenly i understand why every dad to ever girl i dated when i was her age looked at me like they wanted to shoot me," he said, a little laugh to his voice before his found his legs. standing, he moved over to where his wife was sitting, kneeling down next to her. "you are amazing, and thank you. for being there for her, for knowing what to say to shake me out of-- that," bobby smiled, gesturing back to the chair he'd been sitting on a minute ago. "i don't know what i'd do without you," he whispered, pressing a kiss to her shoulder, unable to help the adoring look on his face as he looked at her.

full-time mum33
home sweet homeshe/her
goes by ade
608 posts
looks like miranda kerr
ISFJ
played by
sara
gmt +2she/herold
earl estate lane estates
A small smile flickered across Adrienne's face as her husband told her not to say sorry. She felt encouraged to finally look at him through the mirror as he spoke. At the thought of a much younger image of Bobby going out with girls and their fathers giving a stern look, she laughed when he did. "Oh Bobby, that goes without saying," she felt almost flattered, yet, his thanks were needed because it was one of the things that she hadn't found easy; something that she did because she had no other choice since her husband hadn't taken his job as a father serious enough. Although, thoughts like these went now and then through her head, she never spoke them out loud, because her frustration and anger about this was always overshadowed by his charm.

Turning her attention fully onto him when he kneeled down next to her, Ade put the brush away and smiled softly at his words. "I don't know what I'd do without you, either, darling," her smile grew wider as his lips pressed a kiss onto her shoulder. "I'm glad that Mina decided to open up about this to me. It was not a given, you know, considering how much she didn't like me for years," her thin brows furrowed slightly as a small sigh slipped out of her mouth, and she instantly forced a smile, reaching out and cupping Bobby's face in both hands, "just don't tell her that you know about this," leaning in to plant a pecker on his lips, "or she might be mad at me."

plastic surgeon49
st. gracehe/him
goes by bobby
345 posts
looks like simon baker
tbd
played by
jenny
gmt+1she/her27
he knew he'd made it hard for her. that he'd made life a lot harder for her in general, and he hated himself for him. but at least he was trying to find a way out of it, to find a new normal - no, make a new normal. because that's what they all needed, a life where his work hours didn't dictate anything anymore. the transition would be hard, but soon, he thought. holding on to his own deadline with a firm grip. his heart softened, touching her gently because he couldn't help himself. "i am too, i'm glad she's finally talking to you, and confiding in you."

bobby had known it was hard for her, but he hadn't known what to do or what to say before. he was a mess, but at least ade didn't seem to want to throw him out for it. he was only human, and he was trying. finally. "i won't tell her, it's okay. i don't want to ruin the progress you two have made. she deserves to have a mother figure in her life, and you deserve better than a sulky teenagers glaring at you every three steps you take. i should have done something, said something... before. it's like i'm waking up from a dream and i can't believe who i was, the things i did and didn't do," he said, frowning deeply as he looked up at her.

full-time mum33
home sweet homeshe/her
goes by ade
608 posts
looks like miranda kerr
ISFJ
played by
sara
gmt +2she/herold
earl estate lane estates
Her lips curled into a smile as Bobby told her that he was also happy that the relationship between stepmother and stepdaughter was finally improving after such a long time. She glanced briefly to the side as he promised not to tell Mina anything about this conversation. She was torn with emotions now. Feeling slightly guilty about telling him something that Mina was probably more confident in knowing wouldn't reach her father's ears. At the same time, she felt guilty for reminding Bobby of the things that he should have done but hadn't done. She didn't want him to feel bad and yet, she was glad that he was finally uncovering his own flaws, willing to change something about their family life which had gotten more and more affected over the years because of his lack of action.

Her hand came to rest against his cheek as he told her that she deserved better than a sulky teenager making her life hard (out of everything that Bobby said, this meant the most to her, simply because she had suffered so long from the way that Mina had treated her in the past), caressing the side of his face lightly before she dropped her hand into her lap again, "Bobby, please, don't be harder on yourself than you have to be." Ade cast an encouraging smile at him, reaching for his hand, she interlaced their fingers, putting her ther hand on the back of his, "we all make mistakes and I don't want to hold the things that didn't go ideal against you. It's really enough for me knowing that you realised that something has to change. I love you."

plastic surgeon49
st. gracehe/him
goes by bobby
345 posts
looks like simon baker
tbd
played by
jenny
gmt+1she/her27
if ade wanted to tell romina that they'd had this conversation, then he was all for it, but honestly, he wasn't about to be having that talk with his grown daughter. he probably should have, a long time ago, but he was glad that adrienne had been there to help her through that part of life. as a woman, she was far better equipped than robert ever would have been. he was done being the absent father, but that didn't mean he knew how to approach this new way of life just yet.

"i need you to do something for me, though, i need you to promise me something, starting now," he said softly, feeling strange about this. but he knew that ade had held her tongue about things before, and sometimes hadn't always told him exactly how something made her feel. "if you see me slipping back into old patterns, into old habits, i need you to do something, anything, to shake me out of it. i can't do this without you," and he all but begged as he asked her to do that for him. he loved her too much for this to be the end of them.

full-time mum33
home sweet homeshe/her
goes by ade
608 posts
looks like miranda kerr
ISFJ
played by
sara
gmt +2she/herold
earl estate lane estates
Her brows lifted at his words, "what do you want me to promise, Bobby?" It sounded corny like all the things that were said in romantic movies but Adrienne was willing to do a lot of things for her husband. She wanted to save her marriage and work with him together on improving their family life. She knew now that it was her own mistake that the situation had turned sore several months ago. She should have opened her mouth many years ago. She should have been a lot more persisting when she had criticized her stepdaughter's behavior and his approach of fixing it. But it wasn't smart dwelling on the past. If something should change then they all had to work together on this and it included Mina as much as herself and Bobby.

Ade squeezed his hand as he brought his request out, "I promise I'll let you know. I'm so sorry that I let it get so far. I was... afraid. I felt as if the things that I had said were left unheard. I know you didn't mean for it to come across like that. I know you tried to ease the waves and get Mina to be more civil. But- it was maybe not the best approach to bribe her with gifts. You cannot buy respect, Bobby. You have to earn it. I tried my best to earn this respect but she was unwilling to accept me in any way because- Mina thought that I didn't want her around- she overheard a conversation with my friends where I said that it wasn't easy but I never meant that I didn't want her here."

She wanted to forget about this misunderstanding that dove a wedge between them for years. If Mina had said anything earlier it would have saved them so much trouble. But the same applied here: Adrienne didn't want to dwell on the past, she wanted to look forward and fix matters so that they could all eventually live together in peace like a real family should do. She shook her head lightly and a low sigh escape her lips, "anyways. We sorted it out. So let's not--- it's over now and we've moved on. We're good now. And I hope you two will sort out your differences as well." She cast an encouraging smile towards him, "You have to show her that you care with gestures rather than material gifts."

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll