dashboard
cbox quiet? try our discord
direct cbox link
left me
speechless
welcome to
avalon
gone inactive? post in character reactivation by the 14th
it's june! sun and summer have arrived in avalon!

Closed
New Poll

getting good at getting by, peter/niri
police detective34
avalon police departmentshe/hers
goes by anna
figuring things out with callum lennon
880 posts
looks like kristen bell
esfp (the entertainer)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
pm/discordmature status: please ask
hemming street townhomes

people walking into the station, for one reason or another, was not entirely something new for anna to witness.

it happened more often than she thought it ever would when she had first become a cop and, truthfully, she supposed she didn't mind it all that much, especially on the boring days, the days when things were too slow and she was desperate for something to do, someone to talk to, for whatever reason, instead of spending her time staring at yet another piece of paper that needed to be filed, filled out, sent to another department or some combination of the three.

lately, boring days were more frequent than days that were jam packed with things to do. part of anna didn't mind the boring days at all, it was occasionally nice to not have to be constantly on the move but, eventually, sitting around and doing next to nothing made her feel restless and today, as expected, had been one of those days. her attention, however, had been caught by a person loitering near the door of the station and, from where she was sitting, it looked like they were confused or lost or...something similar, really she couldn't tell just by looking at them.

but, whatever they were feeling, they looked like they needed help.

pushing herself out of her chair, she made her way over to the person standing near the door, taking caution to do so. while she didn't think she was in any imminent danger, it never hurt to be careful anyways, just in case. "hey there," she raised a hand in a half wave as she spoke in an attempt to get their attention, "is there anything i can help you with?"

peter radford
goes by
0 posts
looks like
played by
mature status:
It seemed like a normal day. He ate breakfast and went to work. Nothing out of the ordinary occurred at work. He got a few questions from students as he usually did, he helped them, and both he and student continued on with their day. It was not until he was leaving work and coming home did he find himself in an unusual situation: he was driving when he saw a woman sitting on the side of the road crying. It took him a moment, but his guilt made him turn back around and ask her what was wrong. Apparently, she had lost her dog and she could not go to the police because she needed to head to her next shift. Peter was uncomfortable with her sadness, but offered to help her in whatever way he could.In the end, she ended up texting him the picture of the dog as he arrived at the police station. Peter liked doing a good deed, but he also was not sure if he regretted doing the whole thing. Coming into the station, he was not sure where to go or who to ask about this sort of thing. In fact, Peter was not even sure if the police handled this sort of thing. Brows perking up at a cop offering to help him, he put his hands into his pockets, "Uh, yeah," he glanced around, then looked back at her, "I met a woman who lost her dog. She sent me the dog's picture and asked me to come here?" He said it almost as a question, showing he was not quite sure what to do in this situation. Did cops make fliers? Was it about getting a permit to put up fliers? He really had no idea.
police detective34
goes by anna
880 posts
looks like kristen bell
esfp (the entertainer)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
hemming street townhomes

most of what came through the station was pretty tame here in avalon in comparison to what anna had experienced in baltimore. after so many years in a big city worrying about crime almost every single day in some form or another, the change had been nice and, while anna might’ve regretted her decision on the rarest of occasions, she had loved every single moment that she’d been working as a detective in avalon. so, seeing someone come into the station for something like a lost pet – or a lost pet on the part of someone else – was pretty run of the mill for anna.

thankful that it hadn’t been more serious – although, she supposed that it could be argued that a lost pet was serious and she wouldn’t deny that – anna quickly softened her concerned expression and put a smile on her face. “it’s nice that you want to help out a complete stranger,” anna replied, “lost pets aren’t really in our wheelhouse for the most part, since people always tend to put up posters themselves but...” she glanced around the station, noting that there was nothing much going on and nobody was eagerly looking for her before turning her attention back to the man standing in front of her, “i think we can definitely get something done up since we’re not at all busy right now.” anyone else might’ve seen it as an inconvenience but not anna. no, anna wanted to help. “if you want to follow me, we’ll get that picture up and see what we can do.”

peter radford
goes by
0 posts
looks like
played by
mature status:
Peter grew up in a sort of city version of Avalon, so he felt comfortable in the area. He was able to adapt to the quieter atmosphere easier than he would if he was in a louder, bigger city. He enjoyed being able to have time to himself away from hustle and bustle. That was what he found was nice living in a town like Avalon. The comforting atmosphere and the way he was not always surrounded by strangers. There was a lot of people he did not know, but it was different in a town than it was in a city. He did not know whether that was a good or bad thing. He liked not being pushed to have a conversation when he did not want one, and that was easier in a city than a small town. He figured there were pros and cons to living anywhere, and he would take the pros over the cons when it came to Avalon.Peter put his hands on his pocket, feeling a bit awkward about the request given to him. He felt bad for the woman, but he was not sure he should have been the one to do this. "Okay, great." He was at least glad he was able to get help in doing what the woman wanted. He had not been sure whether police stations did that kind of thing. It seemed like something they would not care about in the grand scheme of things. Peter nodded and followed the person who offered to help him.
police detective34
goes by anna
880 posts
looks like kristen bell
esfp (the entertainer)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
hemming street townhomes

truthfully, yes, it was a bit silly to care about something like making up a lost dog poster for someone but things were slow and anna needed something to do and anyways, what was going to be the harm in spending a few minutes out of her day helping someone make up a poster for their lost dog when they, apparently, couldn’t do it themselves when they’d noticed their dog missing? in anna’s mind, whoever found that dog could’ve turned it into the shelter or kept it for themselves without checking to see if someone was missing their dog and that wouldn’t have been very good, either, would it? not that she really thought people here would do things like that but, still, it was a possibility and one that anna thought they could avoid if she had just helped like she’d been expected to. anna pulled a chair over to her desk for the man before settling back in her chair, “i’m anna, by the way. i figure you should probably know my name if i’m helping you. not that it matters, but, y’know, polite company n’ all that.” she smiled a little, turning her attention to the computer, “so did whoever lost their dog give you any information about it? maybe a picture or two? a number to call or a reward offer?”

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll