dashboard
cbox quiet? try our discord
direct cbox link
left me
speechless
welcome to
avalon
gone inactive? post in character reactivation by july 14th!
it's july! it's summertime and the sun is shining!

Closed
New Poll

would you follow me?, zoe/alli
marine35
united states marine corpshe/him
goes by alex
engaged to zoe aldridge
1887 posts
looks like matt lanter
istj (the logistician)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
pm/discordmature status: please ask
edgewood avenue residences
ends of the earth
over the last week or so since he'd been home, alex hadn't really done much in the way of getting out of the house.

sure, he tried to not let sitting on the couch be the only thing that he did for the next four or five weeks until his leg had been fully healed and he'd managed to get the cast off but, sometimes, it was the easiest option. for someone who'd normally spend so much time outside in nature doing one thing or the other, whether that was hiking or just...being outside in the fresh air, being stuck inside wasn't the most ideal option and he'd grown tired of it. he called zoe and asked if she was available to go for a walk — a slower one, of course, but a walk nonetheless and he'd agreed to meet her outside of the restaurant before they started making their way down to the town square, almost at a glacial pace.

his intention for this outing hadn't only been to walk around and not sit around like a couch potato, though. no, he'd had ulterior motives and that motive was that he'd been planning on proposing. sure, they hadn't been dating for very long and he'd been gone for an extended period of time but, if anything, that had really only proven to alex that zoe was who he wanted to spend his life with. and, after everything that happened with quinn and the fallout from that, he'd found it a miracle that he'd even come to the conclusion that he wanted to get married again, let alone so quickly.

but he knew and when you knew, you didn't waste time.

as they came up to the gazebo, alex paused for a moment and turned to zoe, "can we sit for a little while?" he asked, pointing towards the bench on the gazebo that, somehow, wasn't covered in snow yet. "take a break, we walked a long way." not that he'd minded, really, but he could only walk for so long before his arms felt like rubber and ached for a break from the crutches that he still, unfortunately, needed to use for a little while longer. he also had to actually, you know, propose and he knew that if he was sitting down, at least he could get away with not struggling to get down on one knee in the cold snow that surrounded them. he'd still try, of course, but it'd be a little easier to stand up after, he hoped.

head chef32
marchetti'sshe
goes by zo
1683 posts
looks like amber heard
enjf-a
played by
alli
estshe/her22
pmmature status: sure
in the past week that alex had been home, zoe had found herself struggling to figure out whether or not she was doing enough. on one hand, zoe felt like she needed to check on alex as much as she could—make sure that he was getting up off of the couch and doing some exercising, making sure that he was eating, making sure that he wasn’t driving lottie too crazy and that lottie wasn’t driving him too crazy… but on the other hand, zoe didn’t want to make alex too crazy herself. she didn’t want him to consider her a helicopter girlfriend or get to the point where he told her to bug off and give him a little bit of a break. needless to say, she’d gotten to the point where she checked on him about once a day and, other than that, let him come to her if he needed something.

so when he’d suggested a walk? zoe had been beyond thrilled—not only because it meant that she got to spend time with him, but also because it meant that she hadn’t driven him completely insane and that he was going to get some exercise. really, it couldn’t have been any better of a situation, so she made sure that she cleared her schedule for it (not that she’d really had all that much planned anyway) and waited anxiously for him to get to the restaurant to meet her.

nodding after he asked if they could stop, zoe had to admit that she was a little surprised that they’d made it this far with him not having any issues. “of course,” she said, turning a little bit so that she was heading in the direction of the bench. “you know,” zoe said after they got to the bench, shoving her hands inside of her pocket so that they would get a little bit warmer—not that that would really help, because it was completely freezing outside and her hands were still cold, despite her wearing gloves—as she turned to face alex. “this is the first time i’ve been out here this winter. i used to always come for the first snowfall but i didn’t make it out here this year,” she said with a small sigh, turning to look around the gazebo before eventually turning back to alex.
these are for notes or lyrics or whatever you want, really.
marine35
goes by alex
engaged to zoe aldridge
1887 posts
looks like matt lanter
istj (the logistician)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
ends of the earth
carefully — so as to not slip on an unseen patch of ice or a lump of snow — following zoe to the bench, alex lowered himself down onto it and set his crutches to the side, giving his arms a rest from resting all of his weight on them and trying to maneuver them around in the slush and muck of the winter weather that had hit avalon in his absence. he didn't know why he'd been so surprised to see that everything was, essentially, a winter wonderland considering it was winter and he'd left practically on the cusp of a seasonal change but he was, even if it was only just a little. how one place could feel so different when the only thing that changed, as far as he had known, was the fact that there was snow now was...strange and somwhat unsettling.

the feeling would pass, he knew it would.

"yeah?" alex's brow knit together as zoe mentioned that she hadn't been to the gazebo at all this winter so far. as a place that was, apparently, part of a routine, it seemed a little strange that she hadn't made it out. "why's that?" he asked, then added, somewhat quickly, "don't say it's because i wasn't here." he lifted his shoulders in a shrug, not really knowing if that was a reason or not but...it very well could've been, right? he didn't want to be presumptuous about it.

head chef32
marchetti'sshe
goes by zo
1683 posts
looks like amber heard
enjf-a
played by
alli
estshe/her22
truth be told, at least some of the reason why zoe hadn’t made it out to the gazebo was for the very reason that alex had mentioned, but the way that he said it made zoe feel like it was a little stupid and like she should’ve been out here sooner and without him. that said, it had been extremely cold the past few weeks, and while zoe was used to the cold winters that tended to hit avalon, she had been more inclined to stay in this winter than she ever had before. actually, a part of her had been tempted to turn down the walk with alex today if it hadn’t been for the fact that zoe wanted to make sure that he was getting out of his house and doing things.

lifting her shoulders in a small shrug, zoe moved a little closer to alex. “maybe a little,” she admitted. “it was also really cold, though, and i didn’t subject myself to the cold anymore than i had to,” she added quickly, shoving her hands a little further into her pockets, half to prove her point and half because she was trying to make herself as little as possible so she would be as warm as possible—not that she was really sure that was how it worked, but whatever.

“i don’t know about you, but days like this always make me miss the south. well, kind of. i missed the snow while i was there, but i definitely miss the warmth while i’m here,” she said with a small laugh.
marine35
goes by alex
engaged to zoe aldridge
1887 posts
looks like matt lanter
istj (the logistician)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
ends of the earth
if he had made her feel silly for not having come out to the gazebo, because of his absence or not, he really hadn't intended to. being gone for so long had skewed the way he'd looked at avalon, all rose coloured glasses and nothing absolutely in the slightest wrong with it or the weather it got from season to season. he'd forgotten, evidently, how bitterly cold it could get and he'd almost felt bad — he'd been somewhere relatively warm in comparison and it almost didn't seem fair.

nevertheless, he understood her desire to not subject herself to the sub-zero temperatures that winter in the more northern states could achieve in a matter of hours, if they were unlucky, or days, if they were. "that makes sense," alex nodded his head a little, observing as she tucked her hands further into her pockets before he leaned over, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and pulling her closer to him. they could stay warm this way, couldn't they?

at least a little bit, anyways.

he laughed a little — to him it sounded a little bitter, however, and he shook his head. "i guess i'd miss it for that reason, too." he said, pocketing his hand and wrapping it around the ring box inside. it was a double edged sword, wasn't it? living in the south meant very little snow, if any, during the winter months and missing that but living in the north meant a lack of warmer winter months so, really, there was no winning in that situation.

head chef32
marchetti'sshe
goes by zo
1683 posts
looks like amber heard
enjf-a
played by
alli
estshe/her22
smiling a little as alex pulled her closer to her, zoe let her head fall against his shoulder before she nodded. “mmmm,” she hummed in agreement, letting one of her hands slide out of her pocket to rest on his leg. closing her eyes for a moment, zoe let herself rest comfortably against alex before she opened her eyes again as he started speaking, knowing that she had to pay full attention to whatever alex was saying—not because it was necessarily important, but because it was coming from him and that made it of the utmost importance, even if he was just telling her that the sky was gray instead of blue today.

“yeah,” zoe agreed, letting out a content sigh before she turned her head to look at alex. “i’m glad you’re back,” she said after a moment, tilting her head back to kiss his cheek before she smiled. “even if it is cold,” she teased.
marine35
goes by alex
engaged to zoe aldridge
1887 posts
looks like matt lanter
istj (the logistician)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
ends of the earth
he'd been feeling rather conflicted about coming home the way he had — what was the point of coming home if he'd been hurt and knew that everyone would treat him with kid gloves? at the same time, there was nothing he was more thankful than the fact that he'd come home in one relative piece that the rest, the reactions of his sister, of zoe, of dani and the rest of his friends, didn't seem to matter all that much because the point was that he was home, finally, after so long he was home and he was happy about it, really, he was but it did leave him in a weird position that he'd never expected to be in and that? well, that wasn't a good feeling at all. nevertheless, his happiness about being home — and being home sooner rather than later or, perhaps, being home at all — had made everything else infinitely easier to do or decide on than normal and that was something he hadn't dealt with in forever, either.

"i'm glad i'm back, too." he nodded, half smiling as she kissed his cheek. the next instant, he was moving away from her a little bit, his arm moving from around her shoulder as he sat up, "i did have something i wanted to ask you," he said, pausing momentarily before turning to face her a little bit. "when i met you, i wasn't looking for a girlfriend or, really, anything other than a friend which i guess sounds strange because you don't ask someone you've just met to go to an entirely different state in order to go hiking but..." alex trailed off, shaking his head a little, "you did it anyways and when you said you'd still be here waiting for me whenever i got back from this tour, i knew that you were someone i couldn't see not having in my life. i know we haven't been dating that long but we've been through a lot more than most people in such a short amount of time and if these last few months have taught me anything it's that i want to be with you for a long time so," as best he could given the cast encasing the lower portion of his leg, alex got down beside the bench on one knee, pulling the ring box out of his pocket and opening it so she could see the ring, "zoe clarissa aldridge, will you marry me?"

head chef32
marchetti'sshe
goes by zo
1683 posts
looks like amber heard
enjf-a
played by
alli
estshe/her22
there were a lot of moments that zoe seemed to have with alex that were nothing short of perfect. they may have only lasted a few seconds, but in those few seconds, everything was pure bliss and it was almost as if the world around them didn’t exist. and the brief second that zoe had her head resting on alex’s shoulder? it was one of those pure bliss moments. truthfully, she was a little upset that he made it end so quickly, and a pout crossed her face for a moment, although it was quickly replaced with a confused look as she tilted her head a little bit, turning her body so that she could face alex. “what’s that?” she asked before he continued, her hand still resting on his leg until he went to move.

laughing a little bit as he spoke, zoe shook her head a little bit, her mind wandering back to the first few days that she’d known alex and how they’d joked about how he very well could be a serial killer—which, even at the time, had been one of the easiest jokes that zoe had ever made despite the potential severity of the situation. and he was right: neither of them had gone into this relationship looking for anything more than a friend—if it was even that. for a brief moment, zoe remembered how much pain she’d been in, how she had just made an appearance back at the church after divorcing nick, how miserable she’d been… and alex had fixed it all without zoe so much as giving it a moment’s thought about how he possibly could be the person to fix her problems. and to know that he’d come to mean so much to her in such a short period of time? it was crazy, really, and zoe’s heart melted a little bit at the thought of how far they’d come since they’d met—another point that alex made just seconds after she thought it.

“oh my god, alex,” zoe exclaimed, her hands covering her mouth, suddenly feeling bad for being disappointed that he had moved away from her. “of course,” she said, leaning down and wrapping her arms around his neck. “but please get off of your leg before you injure yourself even more,” she said with a laugh, giving him a kiss before she pulled away so that he could get back on the bench.
marine35
goes by alex
engaged to zoe aldridge
1887 posts
looks like matt lanter
istj (the logistician)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
ends of the earth
in hindsight, wanting to do this proposal the proper way was probably not one of alex's smartest ideas, especially given his condition but he'd done it anyways — he was mostly sure that he'd not be able to feel it due to a cocktail of prescribed painkillers and even if he did feel it, it was just a twinge and nothing he'd be concerned about. if it came back to bite him in the ass when he eventually went to see his orthopedic doctor for a follow up consultation, then he'd know that he'd made a mistake.

(and anyways, everything that had been damaged or broken was safely encased in a cast, how much worse could he make it?)

still, he obliges zoe's request for him to not sit on it any longer as she releases him from her grip and eases his way back up onto the bench, sliding his foot forward so his leg is straight out in front of him and not bent in any manner. alex glances down at the ring box, pulling the shiny piece of jewelry out of the box and reaching for zoe's hand, sliding the ring into place before lifting her hand up and pressing a kiss to it. "looks good," he says with a laugh, leaning forward a little to kiss her quickly.

head chef32
marchetti'sshe
goes by zo
1683 posts
looks like amber heard
enjf-a
played by
alli
estshe/her22
zoe was fully aware of the fact that, come tomorrow (or whenever it was that they ended up telling people about their engagement), people were probably going to say that she’d taken things with alex far too quickly and that she really needed to slow down when it came to love. that wasn’t going to stop her, though, and honestly, she was too happy right now to think about it all that much. alex was different, after all. he was kinder than nick had ever been (not that nick had been unkind, but still) and he was so much more easygoing than tom had been. and he was just… perfect, really. and zoe couldn’t have been any happier than she was with him.

smiling, zoe kissed alex back before nodding. “it’s beautiful,” she said with a smile. reaching out and pulling his face close to her again, zoe gave him another kiss before she smiled. “i like you a lot, you know that?” she teased before resting her hand on his leg again. “and i’m very excited to spend the rest of my life with you,” she added before letting her head fall to his shoulder.
marine35
goes by alex
engaged to zoe aldridge
1887 posts
looks like matt lanter
istj (the logistician)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
ends of the earth
alex couldn’t help but shake his head and laugh a little at zoe’s comment. “yeah, i kind of got a sneaking suspicion that you might,” he said. if her reaction to his proposal and the fact that she said yes – not in those exact words, mind you, but it was a yes, regardless, and it didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out – hadn’t given him any clue that she’d liked him a lot, well, then he was probably hopeless and a lost cause. “i can’t wait either,” alex replied, nodding his head and it was true – for everything in his life that had happened up until this moment, this right here felt a little bit like a fresh start for just about everything after so much had gone wrong. it was nice to finally look at his future as something to anticipate instead of something to dread on an almost near constant basis and he would, maybe foolishly, attribute that change in his outlook on zoe, her demeanor and his relationship with her and how well they seemed to get along.
head chef32
marchetti'sshe
goes by zo
1683 posts
looks like amber heard
enjf-a
played by
alli
estshe/her22
it never really ceased to amaze zoe how alex had, almost literally, stumbled into her life and how much things had grown in the short amount of time that they’d known each other. sure, there were plenty of people who would say that they were taking things too quickly, but zoe didn’t want to think about those people or those thoughts. she was already convinced that alex was one of the best men on the planet and there wasn’t much that would convince her otherwise—not unless he turned out to be like nick, of course, but zoe had a sneaking suspicion that that wasn’t going to happen. she’d be lying if she said she hadn’t pictured a future with alex and she was so very happy that it was now going to become a reality.

“mmm, good,” zoe said with a smile, leaning in to kiss him one more time before she pulled away. “are you ready to start walking? or do you want to sit here for a few more minutes?” she asked, more than ready to walk off some of the burst of energy that she’d just gotten, but also not wanting to rush alex into doing something that he would later regret.
marine35
goes by alex
engaged to zoe aldridge
1887 posts
looks like matt lanter
istj (the logistician)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
ends of the earth
after everything, after so much uncertainty filled many aspects of his life, it was strange to want something like this again — to want to get married and spend the rest of his life with someone, perhaps all in spite of the uncertainty that surrounding his choice of career and whether he'd be in one place from one moment to the next. of course, given the current circumstances, he knew that it would be a long time before that uncertainty returned — months, of course, but he wasn't going to go back unless he'd felt ready to do so and breaking your body in ways that hadn't happened before was more of a mental hurdle than it was physical, at least on some levels.

he had time to think about all of that later, though, for now he just wanted to focus on this right here — his fiancee and the life they were going to build together. "i think i'm good to go," alex replied, nodding his head. much as he might've wanted to just sit and enjoy the moment, it was far too cold to do that considering it was late january and getting somewhere warm was much preferred to the current situation, as happy as it might've been. he moved to stand, hobbling on the one foot until he could get the crutches underneath his arms, turning to zoe, "let's go."

head chef32
marchetti'sshe
goes by zo
1683 posts
looks like amber heard
enjf-a
played by
alli
estshe/her22
zoe was over the moon about all of this. of course, a voice at the back of her head kept nagging at her and telling her that there were going to be people who were negative about it all and who said that it was too soon, but zoe was choosing to ignore that for now. for now, she was going to be happy and live in the moment—the happy moment, with alex, right here and right now. given, it probably wouldn’t actually be right here and right now since it was really cold, but… the idea was still the same.

smiling as alex stood up, zoe followed suit, waiting for a brief moment before he spoke and said to go. “wait just one second,” she said, closing the small gap between them before she leaned in to kiss him. “no marriage proposal is good without at least three kisses to make it official,” she said, giving him one more quick peck before she pulled away, wishing so desperately that she could hold his hand instead of having to walk by his side as he hobbled along. god, she hated how much he’d hurt himself. “back to the house?” she asked. “or somewhere else?” she added, not really caring what they did or where they went so long as they got to spend some more time together.
marine35
goes by alex
engaged to zoe aldridge
1887 posts
looks like matt lanter
istj (the logistician)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
ends of the earth
really, alex didn’t think he could be happier, happier still that he’d been so sure about something so quickly, especially after everything with quinn and the fallout from that and being so unsure about everything, not just relationships. but with zoe it was easy and comfortable and he didn’t have to worry about this, that or the other thing and that was what had proven to him so quickly that this was right, this was good and this was going to last, no matter what anyone else might’ve said. he’d paused as she told to him wait, leaning towards him to give him a sweet kiss that had him smiling as she pulled away. ”oh yeah? well it’s a good thing you sealed the deal with that third kiss, then, otherwise we’d definitely be in trouble.” he teased, as they slowly made their way back down towards the sidewalk, attempting not to get caught up on a patch of ice in the process. ”the house, sure. or wherever you want to go.” really, he just wanted to be with her, that was all that mattered.
head chef32
marchetti'sshe
goes by zo
1683 posts
looks like amber heard
enjf-a
played by
alli
estshe/her22
zoe let herself linger in alex’s arms for just a minute after the kiss, half wishing that the moment wouldn’t ever end. it was funny, really, that no matter how many times zoe had been in this situation before—being proposed to, that was—she never quite got over the butterflies and fullness of love that came with getting engaged. and, like she’d said a million times before, this was different. everything about alex was different from anything that she’d ever experienced in life—and she was fairly certain that that was the best thing about her relationship with him. “mmm, and we definitely couldn’t have that,” she said with a smile, finally letting him pull away from her so that they could start walking to… well, wherever it was that they were going. part of zoe wanted to go home and be alone with her new fiance, but the other part of her felt like they needed to keep walking around town despite the cold. “no, don’t leave it up to me,” she said with a small frown. “it doesn’t matter to me. it’s cold out but i wouldn’t mind walking around more. or we can go back home.” she shrugged, pulling her body a little closer to his as they walked. “you choose.” she finished.
marine35
goes by alex
engaged to zoe aldridge
1887 posts
looks like matt lanter
istj (the logistician)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
ends of the earth
the sooner that alex got off his feet, the better, at least that's what he'd thought the doctor would say if he knew that alex had been wandering around like this out in the cold. not that he'd been alone, of course, but he'd been ordered, more or less, to rest and relax until things got a little bit easier for him and with a cast on his leg and a pair of crutches under his arm, he was fairly certain that this outing did not fall under the rest or relaxation category. and, even though they'd just stood up and started walking again, alex really wanted to sit down and doing so meant going home so that was his choice. they'd go home and maybe later when he didn't feel so tired or felt more like dealing with his non-working leg, they could go for another walk. "home," he said, as she beckoned him to choose between the two options. "definitely home."
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll