dashboard
cbox quiet? try our discord
direct cbox link
left me
speechless
welcome to
avalon
gone inactive? post in character reactivation by the 14th
it's june! sun and summer have arrived in avalon!

Closed
New Poll

Who knows where this road is supposed to lead, sutton+megan
adelaida kraskov
goes by
0 posts
looks like
played by
mature status:
tag; sutton If it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be. Baby, just let it be Biting at the corner of her lip, Adelaida’s eyes scanned the rack in front of her as she took in the options placed before her. Already her arms were full of inappropriate gag gifts that one might find at a bridal party, though she had no party in the future. Instead she was simply preparing herself for the next time the girls got together. It wasn’t unusual that they made up events and milestones in an attempt to celebrate, well nothing, together. The last event had been a white elephant house welcoming get together and before that a trip to Thailand. The people she associated with here in Avalon were as spirited as herself.In the city Adelaida was expected to carry herself a certain way and while she had never colored within the lines of life, she was vastly different from the force of nature she was within the quaint town. Of course, all of this circled back to the fact that she was currently deciding between the pink penis necklace or the blue, before deciding to buy both and pulling them over her head to hand from her neck – one less thing to juggle in her hands. Setting off down the aisle she went in search of party hats and tiaras, knowing they would one day come in handy. Finding the selection against the back wall of the party supply store, Adelaida found herself in the company of a young girl who seemed to be studying her in a way that had Adelaida pinching her face. At first she tried to ignore her, but as she continued to stare. Trying for the life of her to figure out what had caught this child’s attention, she finally remembered the gifts clutched to her chest, along with the multiple sets of beads around her neck. ”How about we just pretend you haven’t seen anything here today. Probably best that you wait a few more years,” she tried to joke as she shifted from the heel of her feet to her toes and back. The girl only seemed to giggle at her comment in which case Adelaida smiled before returning her gaze to the wall ”so tell me, are you more of a princess type or are you looking for something goofy and fun?” Giving the girl a mischievous yet playful smirk, she reached out for one of the crowns and turned to place it on top of the girls head ”crowns are always better than tiaras. Don’t let the boys try and convince you they are the only ones who can rule.” Giving the child a wink as she turned her gaze back to the wall trying to find just the thing that would fit for one of the wild outings she often had with her friends. It was then that the girl turned and called for someone she seemed to know, going on about how funny Adelaida seemed to be. With her mouth twisting into an approval grin at the fact that the young girl seemed to have enjoyed her playful banter, she didn’t turn her attention to the child or the person she seemed to be with – which was probably her mistake. have fun with that one sutton ;D LOL

@sutton richards
sutton richards
goes by
0 posts
looks like
played by
mature status:
tag; adelaida If it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be. Baby, just let it be As Sutton and Shelby walked side-by-side through the aisles of the party supply store she had dragged him to, he watched with amusement as his daughter filled the shopping cart with things she just had to have for the slumber party she had talked her father into letting her have. There were a few of the parents that had been skeptical about letting their daughters go to the event with there not being a female adult present, but enough had agreed and now the male was just nine days away from a night with seven girls between the ages of six and nine. A shiver of fear skittered down his spine just thinking about it.It had been two years since he had moved past his resentment, anger, and sadness to become the father his daughter deserved and needed, and now that their relationship was on track, there wasn’t anything he wouldn’t do to bring a smile to his little girl’s face. If that meant sucking it up for a night of screaming, squealing, and squawking little girls then so be it. For now he was just focusing on surviving this shopping trip.“What about some of these?” Sutton turned to direct his daughter’s attention to a shelf full of colorful silly string when he realized the little girl was no longer standing beside him. This wasn’t the first time Shelby had wandered off, often finding herself distracted by various shiny things or colorful displays. At least the store was small enough that it wouldn’t – or shouldn’t – take him too long to find her again. Pushing the cart down the aisle and turning, it was two rows over that she came into view, standing beside a woman with dark hair and a hand full of various party favors and decorations that looked to be meant for a bachelorette party.Moving up behind the woman, Sutton gave Shelby a stern glare that lasted all of five seconds before he was grinning down at her and shaking his head. “I’m sorry, is she bothering you?” Whatever he had been expecting when the woman had turned, it wasn’t to come face to face with the same woman he had spent several nights curled up next to on the beaches of Thailand only a few months earlier. “Adelaida?” His tone was incredulous as the same shock he was feeling flashed in her eyes too. “What are you doing here in Avalon?” Taking Shelby by the shoulders he pulled her to him, wrapping his arms possessively around his daughter’s shoulders. He didn’t know why he was so quick to pull the her away from the woman that had been his island fling, but something about the whole encounter had him feeling the need to separate the two.“Daddy, look what she gave me,” Shelby tried her best to diffuse the situation by pointing to the crown Adelaida had placed atop her head. “She said girls can rule too. I want to rule. I’m going to be queen one day.” Smiling proudly as she said the last bit, her gaze shifted between the two adults, equal parts pleased and confused by the awkwardness between them.He's doomed. Also sorry it took me so long to reply. I suck.

@adelaida kraskov
adelaida kraskov
goes by
0 posts
looks like
played by
mature status:
tag; sutton If it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be. Baby, just let it be Thailand had had seemed like eons ago, though it really had only been a few months since Adelaida and her friends had traveled for an all girl’s vacation. A vacation she had spent with a man she had met on the island, verses with her girls as she should have been. A man whom she was now peering up at as he reached out – semi frantic – to grab the girl she had previously been speaking too. Raising a brow, Adelaida looked back down at the girl before glancing back up at the man she had come to know as Sutton. Just as she was about to turn his own question back around on him, because surly she would have noticed him if he had always lived in Avalon – right? – the small girl spoke.Tilting her head to the side, Adelaida stared at the man who the child had just called daddy – she hadn’t known he was a father. Then again, neither of them had spoke too much about who they really were. Small questions here and there, but they had never divulged bigger facts ( after all it was a fling ), but certainly the topic of fatherhood would have come up, right?Feeling some slip from her hold, Adelaida snapped from her thoughts and quickly bent to retrieve the party favor before standing back up and taking a small step back ”Father?” she whispered with an arch of her brow. This certainly was interesting. Nothing she had expected, though to be honest she had never expected to see him again either; especially in the small town of Avalon. ”I live here. What are you doing here.” she finally replied, as the small girl looked between them completely confused. Guaging by the way Sutton was still gripping her shoulders, he didn’t approve of his daughter talking to her.”Sorry, I didn’t know she was yours. She found me staring at the hats and I just…” She just what? Tried to break the tension of the fact that the child had caught her wearing multiple penis necklaces. Shit, she was wearing penis necklaces. Perfect.Typically Adelaida was not the kind of woman to find herself in awkward situations, seeing as it was damn near impossible to embarrass her due to her over the top personality and hobby of pushing the limits; however, she certainly found herself completely embarrassed in this moment and very much finding this whole thing to be just a little awkward. So much for the simple life of the hidden beach’s and curling up around one another without worry of ever having to see each other again. Not that the idea of him being here was truly that horrendous, at least it didn’t seem that way on paper (this moment was another story).have fun with that one sutton ;D LOL

sutton richards
goes by
0 posts
looks like
played by
mature status:
tag; adelaida If it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be. Baby, just let it be When he had left Thailand, when he had left Adelaida, Sutton had never anticipated running into her again. He had been content to let all of it be just another distant memory. It had been a great trip, yes, and having her by his side had made it all the more enjoyable. But that had been vacation Sutton; Thailand Sutton. It wasn’t real world Sutton with real world problems. It wasn’t dad Sutton or work Sutton. Now, standing here before her again, he was forced to reconcile the two and he wasn’t sure he knew how to do it. And if that wasn’t bad enough, now his daughter was in the middle of it all, clearly confused by the whole ordeal, or so it seemed initially anyway. Anyone who looked close would see that it wasn’t necessarily confusion as much as the inner workings of a mischievous mind as she tried to plot how best to turn this into something more.Anxiously licking his lips, the male tried to skirt around the issue at hand. The issue being that not only had he come face-to-face with his island fling, but also with the realization that she actually lived in the same town as him. What were the odds?Sutton supposed he should have felt at least a tiny bit guilty for leaving that one, undeniably large detail out of his story when they had spent all those sleepless nights on the beach getting to know one another. But he didn’t see a reason to get into all of that. Not when he was never going to see her again after leaving. Oh, how wrong he had been! “Father,” he nodded, the admission coming out on a note that cracked with uncertainty. Even Shelby was taking a step back to look up at him with concern. She had never seen her father so flustered, after all. Then, sensing his struggle, the little girl once again piped up in an attempt to help her dear ol’ dad out.“We live here too! Daddy works for the paper… he draws the comics!” Shifting her gaze from Adelaida up to her father, Shelby offered both matching grins before pulling herself out of her dad’s death grip. “I’m going to go look at the games.” And just like that she was gone, leaving the two adults alone to sort through the mess they found themselves in.Watching her as she skipped off in search of something to keep herself and her friends entertained – or, more likely, a hidden vantage point to watch them from afar – Sutton could only shake his head. How had this even happened? “I never expected to see you again,” he blurted suddenly, wincing instantly afterward. Real charming, Sutton. He chalked it up to how stunned he had been to see her again. To how stunned he still was. “That, uh, that was my daughter, Shelby. I have a daughter.” He didn’t know if he was helping his case or not, probably not, but he was in over his head and trying to find his way back out into the light. For someone who had been so confident and self-assured only months earlier when they had met, Sutton was floundering now.Again, I'm so sorry about the delay. I thought I had tracked it but apparently not.

adelaida kraskov
goes by
0 posts
looks like
played by
mature status:
tag; sutton If it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be. Baby, just let it be It wasn’t often that Adelaida found herself at a loss for words. Growing as a Socialite, moving from place to place as her mother married new man after new man, she had always been equipped to handle just about any situation. It was rare that she was caught off her game and it had been years since she had been stunned by the worlds sick take of a joke. Honestly, she wasn’t sure why she was so stunned, every time she had something good going for her there was a shoe waiting to drop. Life giving her a punch to the gut. It appeared Sutton and her memories of him in Thailand were no longer safe either. Any memory he had of her were surely becoming tainted as they stood there staring at one another, inappropriate gage gifts over flowing her arms.Father. Letting out a breath, the young woman nodded and shifted from one foot to the other as she took in this piece of information. It was a blow for her, not that she was against fathers – kids were just a touchy subject for her. Children and her inability to have any, where what changed her. The day she had received that news was the same day she stopped taking life seriously. Gone were her dreams of finding someone to love and giving him a family. Of being different from her mother. Instead she filled the void with parties and inappropriate interactions; head games and challenges. The only time she had let the truth of her situation go was back on the beach in Thailand, with Sutton.On vacation with a stranger, someone she assumed she would never see again, she didn’t have to worry about what she could never give him. They wouldn’t know each other long enough for it to matter. She didn’t have to play the role of the poised socialite or the crazy party girl. She wasn’t around her mother or her friends. Instead it had just been the two of them and for a short while she could check her insecurities at the door. No longer driven by fears she had been herself – but the girl on the beach wasn’t who she was in Avalon. It didn’t even come close to the woman she became when she entered New York. She had been different; free. The memories had been something she had reflected on upon her return, a secret she kept to herself. She hadn’t told a single one of her friends about where she had disappeared to on that trip or whom with. She had kept Sutton to herself – separate from this work. But of course, life was cruel and it seemed she could no longer keep the two worlds apart.Looking down at the girl as she spoke, Addie’s eyes grew wide as she explained that they in fact lived here. How was it their paths has never crossed before the trip or took this long after? It was a small town, but she supposed they remained in different circles. Watching as the girl headed off for the games, Adelaide swallowed and looked back up at Sutton, the man who knew the real her better than any of her friends in town – even if they had only known each other a few days.Flinching at his words, Addie pulled her arms closer to her chest, nearly forgetting that they were full and almost dropping a few things. ”It’s fine. I didn’t expect to run into you either,” she said honestly. She knew the words were true for them both, though it didn’t stop the sting of his honesty. ”She’s cute. Seems… Mischievous, I like her.” They hadn’t really had time to get to know one another, but there was something about the young girl that reminded her of herself – how she had been before her father died and before life found it amusing to throw her punches every chance it got.Letting out a breath, the brunette struggled to find adequate words. She already felt silly standing there, awkward even as they both seemed to drown in the truth of situation. ”I hope you know, I’m not one of those girls who expects anything.” She wasn’t even sure what she meant by that, but she hoped to relieve any pressure he might be feeling. It wasn’t as if she was some teenage girl who expected their romance to continue now that they were off the beach and living in the same town. While she liked their time together, she didn’t have any false notions. sorry this isn't my best work
sutton richards
goes by
0 posts
looks like
played by
mature status:
tag; adelaida If it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be. Baby, just let it be One would think that with all the curve balls life had tossed Sutton throughout his thirty-three years that he would have learned how to swing at them by now. Or, if not, that he would have at least come to expect them. While it had taken him some time to figure out the ins and outs of managing the unexpected, he had gotten better at it. In fact, Sutton prided himself on how good he had gotten at coping with all of life’s unforeseen circumstances. Then there were moments like this, moments when even as prepared as he was for whatever life could throw at him, that he somehow still found himself knocked on his ass. And it was in these moments of shock and surprise that he questioned how he could ever have thought himself wise enough to avoid the hurdles and pitfalls of being an adult.Or, maybe, it was just him. Things like this didn’t happen to other people, after all. Sometimes he wondered if his life wasn’t some huge movie on repeat, something like The Truman Show, with everyone watching and waiting for his next move. Or maybe he was just some character in a real-life version of a Hallmark Channel Movie. How many people could actually say they had run into their flings from Thailand in some small-town Connecticut party store? And as if that wasn’t enough, Adelaida wasn’t even just passing through – she lived there. No, it was just his luck. And, honestly, Sutton couldn’t quite decide if it was bad luck or good.There were just so many complications. It was different in Thailand. While, sure, there had been plenty of intimate moments, there were none that involved anything or anyone but themselves. He wasn’t a dad or a widower. He was just Sutton. He was just a man enjoying the beauty of the world around him in the company of a spectacular woman that he would never see again. For those few short weeks he could just live free and in the moment, no responsibilities or people relying on him. His time with Addie had been a release from the pressures of the real world, his ticket away from everything, and when that ticket expired, he had left her there on the beaches of Thailand taking with him only the memories of their time together.The pain in Adelaida’s eyes when he spoke didn’t go unnoticed and Sutton silently cursed himself for being so callous in his tone. He was sure it was as much a shock for the brunette standing there before him to find herself in this situation as it was for him. Reaching into his cart to push the various items he and Shelby had selected to one end, he motioned between the items spilling out of her arms and the now empty half. She didn’t move, though, instead switching gears to the little girl who had supposedly gone off to check out the party games but who was actually more likely to be spying on them from some secret corner. “Yeah, she’s kind of amazing. A real mini-me especially when it comes to trouble.” As the words left his mouth, Sutton looked around, trying to spot the possible areas his daughter could be hiding to keep an eye on the situation. His eyes quickly returned to hers, though, as she spoke again and just as quickly his head shifted from side to side, a frown sliding onto his lips. Even then, however, it took him a minute to speak as he fought to regain some semblance of composure. Sure, seeing Addie had knocked him for a loop, but he could think of worse things in the world than sharing a town with a woman he found equal parts charming and beautiful. “If you’re not going to share my cart would you at least set all that stuff down long enough for me to give you a proper hug?” The words popped out of his mouth before he could even think them through, a smile bowing his lips as if to punctuate the plea. Then, considering it, he spoke again. “And definitely take off the penis necklaces first, too.” A chuckle rose low and deep from his chest as he stepped to her, dropping his guard long enough to open himself to her.Yours was perfect. Mine not so much.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll