dashboard
cbox quiet? try our discord
direct cbox link
left me
speechless
welcome to
avalon
gone inactive? post in character reactivation by july 14th!
it's july! it's summertime and the sun is shining!

Add Reply
New Poll

the white noise rushing, flo/dan!
boudoir photographer31
avalon, bridgeport, and nycshe/her
goes by jo
single widow
2325 posts
looks like alison sudol
enfj
played by
lynn
estshe/her27
pm/telegrammature status: yes
fairview street suburbs
jo didn’t necessarily need an excuse to go shopping, but it was always nice to have one. a conditioned byproduct perhaps of years of coming up with ‘good reasons’ for why she’d go into this place or that place for one thing but come out instead with twenty and not at all the one thing she’d gone for. the curse of a creative mind, she’d shout! the curse of a blooming fashionista! the curse of a parent with two children to entertain in long lonely winters, she’d pout, and her husband would fold with laughter beneath her theatrics.

she’s pretty sure that there’s a rule among the royal family that one can never be seen in public in the same outfit twice, a notion that she’s sure liam would have gotten a kick out of as she insists to flo that she needs to go shopping for an outfit to go out in for their girl’s night. though an outfit to go antique hunting in egypt in the company of a very attractive tutor sounds much more exciting and is probably the best reason to splurge that jo could think of. “i don’t even know where to start.” she says as she flips through racks of clothes. “you’ve finally done the impossible. you’ve flummoxed me.”

@florence o'toole i said i'd start it and then i forgot! forgive me! D:
shop owner / antique dealer36
odds and ends antiquesshe/her
goes by flo
505 posts
looks like katie mcgrath
entp-a
played by
dan
gmtshe/herdinosaur
pm, discordmature status: yes
azalea avenue sunny side estate
with the ever looming trip to egypt coming up, florence had decided that it was high time that she got a new outfit. one that would stand out and impress. she had thought about getting a new skirt, or maybe a new dress, but there was so many options out there, and so little time. thankfully she had a friend that was in desperate need of a little retail therapy, and it would be a perfect excuse for her to get her shop on, too. florence had made her way to edgewood with her friend, and they must have been in a few shops before settling on the one that they were currently in. the brunette wanted to help her friend, but she was having a hard time trying to decide on what it was that she wanted to buy for herself.

at her friends comment, florence couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. "think i've done the same to myself, too." she admitted, taking a rather horrible looking plaid dress off a rack. "we've been in a few stores now... and this is the longest we've been in one... and yet... i feel like we shouldn't even be in this one. it feels like a forever 21." florence wrinkled her nose in disgust as she put the horrid dress back on the rack.

boudoir photographer31
goes by jo
single widow
2325 posts
looks like alison sudol
enfj
played by
lynn
estshe/her27
fairview street suburbs
glancing up as flo pulls an item off the rack and immediately her nose wrinkles in a mirror image of the disgust on her friend’s face. breaking into a laugh, she shakes her head and returns to her own search through her side of the clothes rack. “don’t knock forever 21, i have found some pretty cute things there.” she defends, pulling out a green dress adorned with ridiculously shiny gold buttons, her lips pursing to the side in contemplation for a moment before tucking it back to its place. “but you’re right, i’m not sure i’m really getting the ‘temptation in egypt’ vibes that i think we’re going for.” she says with a small glance around the shop before looking back to the other woman with a devilish smirk. “that is what we’re after, right? i mean, i’m thinking rachel weisz in the mummy – but are we looking for librarian mode or sexy black dress? you know the one.” she teases with a little shimmy as if that will at all clarify which dress she's referring to.
goes by flo
505 posts
looks like katie mcgrath
entp-a
played by
dan
gmtshe/herdinosaur
"there's just not enough stuff in forever 21 for tall people." florence gestured to herself before grabbing a dress off a rail. she hadn't meant for it to come off the hangar, and when it did, she couldn't help but sigh. she glanced over at her friend and shopping companion for the day and made a face. "that is a horrible looking dress, and i hope you're not thinking about getting it. i mean, please? the green with the big, 'decorative' gold buttons? who the hell are they kidding?" 'decorative' was said with some airquotes. florence shoved the dress she'd pulled off, back onto the hangar and replaced it back on the rail. she didn't like that dress either, despite having not looked at it properly. "who said there was going to be temptation in egypt?" her cheeks flushed bright crimson and she laughed, turning away from her friend before she was able to see the redness of her cheeks. "ahh maybe a sexy black dress... maybe it doesn't have to black. it could be dark blue, mayb a dark green... hell, it could even be red." florence shrugged her shoulders and dropped everything she was holding (which wasn't all that much anyway) and stared at a store mannequin with the most beautiful wine colored dress on it. "oh, oh! jo, jo!" she flailed a bit, hitting her friends arm to get her attention. "loooook at it, looook. it's amazing!"
boudoir photographer31
goes by jo
single widow
2325 posts
looks like alison sudol
enfj
played by
lynn
estshe/her27
fairview street suburbs
nodding in sage agreement, glancing over her friend who boasts a couple inches over her, she returns to the dress rack and can only laugh at flo’s utter disgust with the green number that’s entertained her for a few moments. “oh c’mon, it’s not that bad!” she argues with a grin, even while slipping it back onto the rack. “it’s like… fighter pilot woman mechanic meets pirate meets corporate debutante…” she rambles, plucking any kind of imagery association that pops into her head, snorting at her own absurdity as she shakes her head.

but then her eyes are growing wide with florence’s coyness. “of course there is! why else would you ask him? and he is gorgeous, and you’re both single – he is single, isn’t he?” she suddenly questions, a frown furrowing her brow as she looks back to the dresses in front of her.

“everyone should have a sexy red dress,” she murmurs in response, nodding to herself as her fingers dance over the garments lined up in front of her, none speaking to her curiosity quite yet – when the swats to her arm are snatching her attention fast, her eyes first darting to her friend and then following the woman’s gaze to the mannequin. immediately she lights up with a squeak, her own hands darting to flail back at her friend before snatching at her hand to drag her across the way to stand in front of the mannequin, eagerly reaching out to feel the silky fabric. “now thiiiiis has your name all over it.”

goes by flo
505 posts
looks like katie mcgrath
entp-a
played by
dan
gmtshe/herdinosaur
"no... you're right...." florence started. it sounded like she was going to agree with her friend about the green dress not being so bad, but then she opened her mouth again. "it's worse!" she exclaimed, gesturing to the entirety of the dress. "it's so bad, it makes a poncho look fashionable with only leggings." okay, so maybe she was exaggerating a little bit. but she really did hate the dress. "besides, it looks unflattering in the booty area... and why is it so scrunched up?" florence shrugged and turned her attention elsewhere. another person could probably make it look good on them, but she knew it would look terrible on herself. besides, this wine colored dress that she'd just found was perfect on so many levels. the tall brunette didn't quite hear what he friend asked about david, because she was far too busy oogling the dress in front of her and trying to flail at her friend -- who flailed back once she saw it too. "it's just so... so perfect...." she mumbled, going around to the front of the mannequin to get a better look at it. "where is it on the racks?" she asked, looking around frantically for any sign of it. "i must try it on."
<3
boudoir photographer31
goes by jo
single widow
2325 posts
looks like alison sudol
enfj
played by
lynn
estshe/her27
fairview street suburbs
laughter when out with florence is a thing that comes so easily. it doesn’t matter if she’d spent the earlier parts of the day stumbling, overthinking, treading water and gradually sinking – just a little stretch of time in the company of the other woman, a little retail therapy, a little shifting of focus from her own life to her friend’s, and jo is laughing again, belting out the sort of guffaw that tips her head back and fills up the store. flo’s criticism of the garment is comedic timing perfection and jo can’t even pretend to defend it anymore, just shaking her head with a grin that hurts her cheeks and tucking the green disgrace back onto the rack.

but the laughing stock of the green dress is put behind them utterly and completely, replaced without effort by the beauty of the wine dress. a pretty deep shade that she can already imagine complementing florence’s skin tone and dark hair perfectly. eagerly, she launches herself into the mission of finding the dress on the racks, eyes scanning quickly for the color. when she spies it, there are only two to be found and she shouts out a victorious “yes!” looking at the sizing tags on the hanger, she plucks one up confidently (as often as florence has indulged in her frequent need for retail therapy, of course she knows the woman’s dress size) and thrusts it out to her friend, laughing and pushing her towards the dressing rooms. “go go go go go”

goes by flo
505 posts
looks like katie mcgrath
entp-a
played by
dan
gmtshe/herdinosaur
florence couldn't help but make her friend laugh with her comments about the dress, but it was just so... ugly. she loved to make people laugh, and she knew that her dearest friend was going through a bit of a difficult time and so she didn't want to baby her. just show her how to have a good time. if she could make her laugh a little bit, then great! if she could make her laugh a lot, then that was amazing! it wasn't unusual for their to be roaring laughter whenever these two got together, so today was definitely no different to any other day. only they were both trying to find the other an outfit, and when florence had accidentally stumbled across a dress for herself. she made a mental note to look for something for jo. she ran her fingers through the racks, then pulled out a rather beautiful blue dress that was in jo's size. she held it up, but had the wine colored dress shoved into her hands and was being pushed towards the changing rooms. "i'm going, i'm going!" she exclaimed, trying to put the blue dress into her friends hands. "i'll try this, you try that!" she told her, disappearing into one of the changing rooms and pulling the curtain around.
<3

wine dress and blue dress maybe???
boudoir photographer31
goes by jo
single widow
2325 posts
looks like alison sudol
enfj
played by
lynn
estshe/her27
fairview street suburbs
so intent on tracking down the red dress that has captured their hearts, jo doesn’t see florence diverting her attention towards another mission until she is pushing her friend eagerly towards the changing rooms and the brunette is just as eagerly shoving a dress of sheer royal blue fabric into her hands in return. “how do you do that?” she questions with a laugh, holding her arm up to look at the dress and finding that it’s actually quite lovely, something that she might have seriously picked out of her own accord if she hadn’t been looking for the wine dress. but without resistance, she disappears into the changing room across the hall, tugging the curtain shut and dropping her purse unceremoniously onto the corner seat.

she strips down quickly and tugs the blue dress over her head. a small tug to fit it over her bust and it is sitting like a dream upon her curves. buckling the belt at its loosest setting puts further shape into her figure and she manages to worm the zipper up in the back. pale skin and vivid red hair stand out beautifully, and pink lips can’t help but tug into a brilliant white grin as she turns herself back and forth in front of the mirror. “seriously, how do you do this?!” she exclaims, more than a little impressed. they’d spent so long in the store before and florence manages to find two beautiful dresses in the breath of a second. truly, the woman is a retail goddess.

flinging the curtain open with a flourish, her other hand braced against the door frame, she stands in the threshold and practically bounces on her toes as she looks across the way. “c’mon, let me see!”

maybe? maybe DEFINITELY. http://files.jcink.net/uploads/speechless/lmsemojis/hearteyes.svg http://files.jcink.net/uploads/speechless/lmsemojis/hearteyes.svg http://files.jcink.net/uploads/speechless/lmsemojis/hearteyes.svg
goes by flo
505 posts
looks like katie mcgrath
entp-a
played by
dan
gmtshe/herdinosaur
"how do i do what?" florence asked, as she made her way into a changing room and hung up the wine dress. "i'm a magician, i thought you knew this." there was a little bit of a cackle as florence pulled the curtains across to seal her into the changing room. for a few moments she was just staring at the wine colored dress, trying to decide on which way it was supposed to go on her body. but then she realized that she could have just looked at the label, and so she did. pulling off her hat, jacket, shirt and cami, florence took the dress off the hangar and slipped it over her head. the brunette had to take her time in fixing it on her body properly, making sure that her boobs stayed in place (though she was wearing a bra, so it was certainly easier to keep everything in place).

once it was on, she realized that her pants were making it look a bit bulky, so kicked off her boots and pulled her pants down and stepped out of them. florence took a moment to properly adjust the dress again and looked at herself in the mirror from a few angles, before smiling; satisfied.

"oh my gods, i'm coming. be patient, woman." florence joked as she pulled back the curtain on her changing room and stepped out to look at her friend. "wow..." she breathed, seeing her friend in a dress was something she didn't think she'd see again. "that dress looks amazing on you."

<3

yaaas, i love both those dresses. took me longer to pick the blue one though
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll