dashboard
cbox quiet? try our discord
direct cbox link
left me
speechless
welcome to
avalon
gone inactive? post in character reactivation by the 14th
it's june! sun and summer have arrived in avalon!

Add Reply
New Poll

what's the latest issue?, open
student19
monroe universityshe/her
goes by sof
feeling things for jesse pritchard
494 posts
looks like odeya rush
intj architect
played by
dan
gmtshe/herancient
discord, pmmature status: yes
if it wasn't the library she was in, it was the comic cave. both were two of her favorite places, because they both held books and comics for her peruse at her pleasure. today was one of those rare days where she had some time to herself before she had to head off to family dinner with her moms. it didn't feel all that cold outside today, but she bundled up in her usual jacket and hat, before walking through the campus of monroe university, and heading down towards the comic cave. time to herself, meant that her perusing could be done at her own pace.

she just had to remember to leave on time, if she wanted to have something to eat. it was quite often that sofia could get lost in the magic of the books and comics.

there was something so satisfying about being in a comic book store and holding one of the latest issues of her favorite wonder woman series in her hands. sofia had been standing amongst the newer comic books for the past twenty minutes, before settling on one of them, and moving towards the older, more dustier ones. they were all in plastic sleeves, but it didn't mean that she wouldn't be able to handle them. she picked out a couple of the older ones, and set them on the table, studying each one with care (and without taking them out of the sleeves).

notes; open for you
dance instructor & owner30
to the pointe dance studiohe/his
goes by cam
in a relationship with lyndsey reilly
1174 posts
looks like matthew daddario
ENFJ (the protagonist)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
pm/discordmature status: please ask
fairview street suburbs
for as much as cameron liked comics, he really didn't visit the comic cave all that much.

at least, not anymore. which was a shame, really.

between work and settling into a new place — still it seemed, because they'd had a lot of stuff, surprisingly, and, well, they'd both been busy people with busy lives that kept them away from being able to find the time. they'd get here eventually, though. — it was understandable that he'd cut a few things out of his life, albeit unintentionally. he'd found a little bit of time, however, to make his way down to the comic cave and pick out a few new comics to read, something he had been very much looking forward to for the last few weeks. he'd depleted his supply of everything he'd had so far and was looking for something new to read, something that he might not have considered before.

walking around the place, he'd found it hard not to look at the comics that other people were picking out. what could he say, he'd like knowing what other people picked up, even if it seemed a little out of the ordinary. he could get ideas, find a new place to start, a new favourite. standing near one of the tables, he'd been looking at a few different comics on the wall when he'd spotted some wonder woman comics on the table, "wonder woman, huh?" cam raised his eyebrows slightly, though it wasn't because he was surprised or, even worse, disappointed in the selection, a smile crossing his face. "good choice."

@sofia neal oh no it's me stalking you again <3
student19
monroe universityshe/her
goes by sof
494 posts
looks like odeya rush
intj architect
played by
dan
gmtshe/herancient
sofia kept the newer wonder woman comic close to her chest as she studied the older two that she had on the table. thankfully she was able to remember which issues she had already, and which ones she didn't, so making choices really wasn't that much of a hard thing for her to do. books however, now that was a big problem for her. today though, she was browsing comic selections, and really had no intention of talking to another human being until she got to her mothers home. unfortunately; things didn't go how she had planned, but at least the voice next to her had been a soft one.

she glanced up, briefly, at the person whom had distracted her train of thought from the comics, then looked down at the two she had laid on the table. sofia liked the series because it was empowering for her -- plus cool costumes, and she had barely been able to find comics with female heroines worth her interest. sure wonder woman was popular, and maybe a lot of people read them, but why did that matter?

"i don't know which one to get." she mumbled, already contradicting her usual effortless way of buying comics. they were all so good, but until she got some more money, she could only afford two, and she already had one against her chest.

notes; @cameron kelly look at you forever stalking me
goes by cam
1174 posts
ENFJ (the protagonist)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
fairview street suburbs
perhaps he could’ve done his best to mind his own business when he was in the comic book store and focus on the task at hand but, well, cam had always been a people person and it had been hard not to, especially when comics were involved. which probably sounded extremely nerdy but it was the truth – comics made cam a little chattier than normal, however, he liked to think that he still knew when to not talk to people in public. nobody liked weird strangers talking to them out of the blue and if this woman felt uncomfortable talking to him then he’d back off, it seemed only right. glancing at the comics on the table, the ones that had made her so indecisive, cam’s brow furrowed, ”why not get both?” cam inquired, however, he was quick to add, ”unless not getting both is an option in which case which one seems more appealing to read?”
@sofia neal forever and for always <3
student19
monroe universityshe/her
goes by sof
494 posts
looks like odeya rush
intj architect
played by
dan
gmtshe/herancient
the decision was a tough one. she loved both of the comics, and picking just one of them was going to drive her crazy. when the man asked her why not get both, she looked up at him with a dangerous look -- which, to be fair, probably wasn't all that intimidating, since she looked like an innocent twelve year old. "i can't." she told him, hugging the one she had already on her, tighter. "i can only get two, and i've picked one out already." sofia looked back down at the two on the table. she put her hand over one and went to pick it up, but then changed her mind and moved her hand quickly to the other one. surely they'd still have some of these ones left when she came back in a few weeks? could she even wait that long? too many thoughts going on inside her mind at the moment. sofia sighed quietly, and retracted her hand from over the comic.

notes; @cameron kelly so proud <33

goes by cam
1174 posts
ENFJ (the protagonist)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
fairview street suburbs
cameron remembered being young and unable to buy everything he wanted. it was annoying, to be sure, and certainly not the most enjoyable of times but now that he had a job and was an actual adult who could spend his money as he saw fit, he never really thought about things the same way as he used to. which made sense, of course, and whether or not this was the same situation for the woman in front of him, well, he didn’t know but if she could only buy two then it had to be, at least in some way. cameron turned around, front facing the woman as he leaned over the comics to see what they were, to see if he could offer assistance in which one was the better option. ”well,” cam paused, pursing his lips momentarily as he glanced between the two of them, ”silly question, probably, since they both look so good but,” he glanced over at the woman, ”which one looks like the best?”
student19
monroe universityshe/her
goes by sof
494 posts
looks like odeya rush
intj architect
played by
dan
gmtshe/herancient
when faced with a difficult decision such as this one, sofia normally kept a clear and level head. she would often take a deep breath to control herself, then weigh up the pros and cons of each side, but this decision was to do with comic books, and there were no cons, only pros. maybe it was a case of which one had the most pros? sofia bit down on her lower lip, watching out of the corner of her eye as the man turned to face her. "they both look equally as amazing." she told him, keeping her eyes on the comics. slowly, she reached out to pick up the one on the right and glanced over the cover, then turned it around to read the back. sofia then did the same with second one and when they were both face up and back on the table, she still hadn't made her mind up. "what do you think?" she asked, glancing up at him briefly, then back down at the comics.

goes by cam
1174 posts
ENFJ (the protagonist)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
fairview street suburbs
perhaps pushing the issue of getting both comics was not in cameron’s best interests – if he had been in the young woman’s shoes, he was sure he wouldn’t have appreciated it very much. and perhaps it was too easy for him to say getting both was an option – because, okay, for him, it was. – but he could certainly pick one for her to get and make the decision almost easier for her, in a way, than it clearly was. “get that one,” cameron pointed towards the first comic she’d put her hand over before retracting it. he couldn’t tell you why he’d picked it or if it would even be any better than the second one that she’d been humming and hawing between. “and then maybe i’ll get that one,” he pointed to the second one, “for you, of course, since you seem to want both and can only get two, for some reason.” it couldn’t have been that expensive to buy in the first place, a couple bucks, maybe and he could certainly spare that for another comic book lover. ”i’m cam, by the way.” might as well introduce himself if he was about to buy a comic for a complete stranger.
student19
monroe universityshe/her
goes by sof
494 posts
looks like odeya rush
intj architect
played by
dan
gmtshe/herancient
"spirit of truth." sofia smiled as she picked up the comic that the man had pointed out to her. "good choice." she muttered, holding it close to her chest, just like with the other one. she could only afford to get two of them at the moment, because she also needed to buy a school book for one of her classes, and they were way more expensive. "what?" sofia looked up at the man with an incredulous look on her face. it wasn't every day that someone offered to buy her something. "you don't need to do that, sir." she mumbled, getting a little bit anxious at the offer. "i can wait until next week... i just have to buy a school book first." the young brunette told him, holding the other two comics a little bit tighter to her chest. "sofia." came her return of name giving, glancing up at him, then at the comic.

goes by cam
1174 posts
ENFJ (the protagonist)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
fairview street suburbs
“be honest, do you really want to wait a week only to come back and find out that this comic isn’t here anymore?” granted, the chances of that happening were...well, cameron figured the chances were slim, because while they did live in a small town and this was the only comic shop around, the idea that any number of these comics just being entirely gone from week to week, when they obviously had multiple copies of each, was malarky and anyone who tried to convince him otherwise was...well, foolish and a liar, too. “think of it as me paying it forward to a fellow comic book lover,” cameron lifted his shoulders in a shrug as she objected. it wasn’t entirely out of the blue that he’d offered to do things like this but it was, honestly, probably the first time it had happened with comics book. mostly it had been someone’s coffee order at starbucks or giving them a one off free dance lesson if they were a little strapped for cash, but there was no reason it couldn’t extend to comic books, too.
student19
monroe universityshe/her
goes by sof
494 posts
looks like odeya rush
intj architect
played by
dan
gmtshe/herancient
to be honest, the man had a point; did she really want to have to wait another week only to find that it was gone? no. no she did not. but the chances of that actually happening were kind of slim anyway. she'd already had to wait a week, or so to be able to get the two in her hands already, and they had both been there last week when she had ventured into the comic cave. "i... i don't know." sofia had a hard time accepting when someone was being nice to her, and when they wanted to do something nice for her, especially if it were a complete stranger. "i mean... i can wait... but... are you... are you sure?" her words were stumbling a bit, but that was just her anxiety talking. and it wasn't like the comic cost all that much either, just a couple of bucks. about the price of a coffee, or a little bit cheaper. she could have always asked her moms for an advance on her allowance, but she'd already done that last week so that she could buy popcorn and ice cream for her and jesse when they had their movie night. she wondered if getting a job might be a good idea, because then maybe she'd have a bit more money to spend on things that she really loved; like comic books and gummy bears.

goes by cam
1174 posts
ENFJ (the protagonist)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
fairview street suburbs
“i know it’s probably weird that i’m offering out of the blue like this but,” cameron started, trying to explain his stance on why he was going to offer to buy a comic book for a complete stranger he’d just met five minutes ago, “i know what it’s like to want to buy a whole bunch of comics and not have enough money to do so, especially when they’re so good.” he’d been a kid once, he knew the joys of finding a comic book he loved and he knew the disappointment that followed when he couldn’t buy it, he could already tell that sofia was disappointed that she couldn’t buy both and he was just trying to make the decision easier for her by offering her a chance at both. ”look, you don’t have to say yes, it’s totally find if you don’t want me to buy it for you, but if you want it,” he pointed towards the comic books that sat on the table, ”the offer is there.”
student19
monroe universityshe/her
goes by sof
494 posts
looks like odeya rush
intj architect
played by
dan
gmtshe/herancient
"a little bit..." sofia mumbled, holding her two chosen comics to her chest. it was a little bit weird for someone to be offering to buy her something, and she was a little bit anxious about it. when he tried to explain it a little bit more, sofia could feel herself beginning to understand just that little bit more, but the offer was still a little bit startling to her. sometimes she didn't even let her best friend buy her things, so when a complete stranger did so, she was a little bit more anxious. "they're all so good." she admitted, looking at the comic on the table, then at the two in her hand. honestly, if she didn't have to buy cat food, or human food, then she probably would have brought all three, but she was trying so hard at being an adult, and was doing a pretty good job of it, so far. or so she thought. "uhm, maybe..." she mumbled, looking down at her feet, thinking about it a bit more. "do you think it'll be here next week?" she asked.

goes by cam
1174 posts
ENFJ (the protagonist)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
fairview street suburbs
”yeah, sorry, i’m definitely not trying to be creepy or anything,” cameron gave her a sheepish grin. he’d chalk up what he was doing – or planning on doing, if she’d just let him, of course – to the fact that he’d grown up in a place surrounded by people he’d known his entire life and they’d done much of the same with him. he was sure that he’d felt just as anxious as sofia might’ve been feeling but that had gone away once he’d realized that there was nothing sketchy going on. ”not sure,” cameron lifted his shoulders into a shrug, ”not even entirely sure i’ll be here next week cause i don’t come here all that often so i can’t speak for the comics.”
student19
monroe universityshe/her
goes by sof
494 posts
looks like odeya rush
intj architect
played by
dan
gmtshe/herancient
the more sofia thought about it, the more she was getting nervous. she could tell this, because her hands were getting a little bit sweaty, and even wiping them on the leg of her pants did nothing to ease the clammy feeling. the nervous teenage had to think back at all those other times she had come in for comics, only to be disappointed that they had sold out, or were just no longer available in general. those moments hadn't been all that common. in fact it had only happened just three times before, and sofia wasn't sure that she wanted to be caught out a fourth time. but at the same time she was having anxieties about the man, a complete stranger, buying the comic for her. "okay..." she mumbled, looking up at him. "thank you..."

goes by cam
1174 posts
ENFJ (the protagonist)
played by
lindsay
cstshe/hers26
fairview street suburbs
yanking his wallet out of his pocket after she'd given him the go ahead to pay for her comic so she could have both of them, cam pulled out a few bills, enough to cover the cost of the comic with a little extra left over — not much, of course, but enough — he'd handed them over to sofia with a small smile on his face. "this should cover it, don't worry about what's left over." he nodded his head as she thanked him for doing what he had just done, "don't mention it," he lifted his shoulders into a shrug, "least i can do for a fellow comic book lover, you know?" he paused, realizing he hadn't picked anything up for himself but with a quick glance at his watch, knew that he should've gotten going if he wanted to get anything else done during the day, "i should go. hope that's a good comic," he gave her a small wave and then headed off towards the door.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll